Associate Researcher I - Pharmacological Sciences
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center
Location: New York
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Strength Through Diversity Ground breaking science. Advancing
medicine. Healing made personal. The Associate Researcher I is a
laboratory research position, responsible for independent conduct
of routine and standardized experiments. This individual assists in
the interpretation of research outcomes, performs assays to support
research studies, and assists in the clerical and supply aspects of
the laboratory environment. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conducts routine and standardized experiments using advanced
research techniques specific to subject matter of the research
- Analyzes and assists in interpreting moderately complex
- Analyzes and assists in interpreting laboratory results.
- Performs assays to support research studies.
- Maintains laboratory environment and assists in the upkeep of
appropriate inventory; may include ordering of supplies.
- Logs and tests samples; prepares and submits laboratory
materials and specimens for shipment.
- Assists in new and unexpected research experiments and
- Assists in the collection, analysis and review of experimental
data for publication and presentation.
- Performs other related duties Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree in science or related
- Experience:1-2 years of research experience
- Appropriate verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills Strength
Through Diversity The Mount Sinai Health System believes that
diversity, equity and inclusion are drivers for excellence. We
share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet
we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically,
in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of
Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education, and
advancement as we revolutionize medicine together and participate
actively as a leader within the Mount Sinai Health System by:
- Serving as the primary resource management representative of
the Mount Sinai leadership teams, committees, etc., and acting as
the primary executive leader interface between Mount Sinai and key
executives from the health systems' vendors and partners.
- Engaging with relevant thought leaders and policy-makers at the
federal and state levels, and representing the Health System as
- Using a lens of equity in establishing and promoting policies
and procedures and providing opportunities for all to thrive.
- Confronting racist, sexist or other inappropriate behavior and
challenges exclusionary organizational practices and serving as a
role model to promote anti-racist behaviors.
- Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors
among and between departments and co-workers. We work hard to
acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming,
nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We
share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or
expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care. Explore more
about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter
in our story! Who We Are Over 42,000 employees strong, the mission
of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate
patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine
through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many
diverse communities we serve. Formed in September 2013, The Mount
Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of
Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses,
including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel
Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai
West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai Morningside
(formerly Mount Sinai St. Luke's), and New York Eye and Ear
Infirmary of Mount Sinai. The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal
opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil
rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people
differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides a salary range to
comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job
The salary range for the role is $58,661.00 - $75,000.00
Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including
experience, education, and hospital need.
The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include
bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York , Associate Researcher I - Pharmacological Sciences, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...