Physician Assistant-Hematology/ Oncology
Company: Northwell Health
Location: Fresh Meadows
Posted on: September 19, 2023
The role of the Infusion center ACP is an integral part of our
health care delivery system working together to provide a healing
environment, by placing our customers first. The ACP provides
healthcare services for acute conditions secondary to
hypersensitivity reactions, decompensation of condition, acute
onset of symptoms in accordance with applicable scope, and
standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of
The ACP reflects the mission, vision, and values of the
organization, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures,
guidelines, and other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Perform complete, detailed and accurate histories, review
patient records and perform complete physical
- Order laboratory, radiological and diagnostic studies
appropriate for complaint, age, race, gender and physical condition
of the patient. Interpret and evaluate patient data to determine
patient treatment plan.
- Make medical diagnoses and institute appropriate therapy within
applicable scope and standards of practice.
- Appropriate understanding and timely documentation to support
medical coding and billing.
- Provide instructions and guidance regarding medical care
matters to patients and/or family.
- Record and report pertinent information in EMR and notify
attending physician/team of record regarding any acute changes in
physical condition or hypersensitivity reactions experienced
secondary to treatment medication or premedication.
- Institute emergency measures and emergency treatment or
appropriate stabilization measures in acute patient situations such
as hypersensitivity reactions, other treatment reactions, cardiac
arrest, falls, hemorrhage, or shock.
- Assist in escalation of transport to ED by providing accurate
sign out to EMS providers and notifying ED of events leading to
- Maintain mandatory professional continuing education in
accordance with professional organization and licensing
- Active participant in patient safety, quality improvement
processes and patient engagement and satisfaction.
- Maintain compliance with the medical staff office.
- Maintain professional practice consistent with the
organizational and advanced practice mission statements.
- Bachelor's Degree, required. Graduate of an accredited
(Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistant Programs
ARC-PA) program, required.
- National Board Certification for Nurse Practitioners through
the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American
Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant (PA) by
the New York State Department of Education, OR Current New York
State NP license and current New York State RN license
- Current NCCPA Certification from the National Commission on the
Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
- Current BLS certification, required
- DEA license
- 1-3 years Oncology Practice experience
- 1-3 years clinical experience
- Membership in appropriate oncology societies (ONS,
- Specialty certification as available by national agencies
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Physician Assistant-Hematology/ Oncology, Other , Fresh Meadows, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!