Sr. Data Scientist
Location: Berkeley Heights
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Calling all innovators - find your future at Fiserv.We're
Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments, and we move money
and information in a way that moves the world. We connect financial
institutions, corporations, merchants, and consumers to one another
millions of times a day - quickly, reliably, and securely. Any time
you swipe your credit card, pay through a mobile app, or withdraw
money from the bank, we're involved. If you want to make an impact
on a global scale, come make a difference at Fiserv.Job TitleSr.
What does a great Sr. Data Scientist do at Fiserv?You'll be a part
of Global Business Solutions (Merchant business) - Fraud and Credit
Decision Science team, responsible for developing and deploying
predictive ML models in the form of automated risk controls that
help in reducing fraud and credit risk losses as well as enabling
top line growth. -As a part of this team, you'll be using internal
and external data assets to generate insightful analytics, build
models/rules, create data driven capabilities/ solutions to manage
risk and identify new areas of opportunity. - Key functions
supported by the team include New Merchant Onboarding &
Underwriting, Existing Merchant Risk Monitoring, Lending Products,
and other/ commercial Risk Solutions. This position will be a
critical interface with stakeholders within and outside Fiserv in
building best-in-class analytical solutions.
We'll help you to:
- Become a key enabler to develop data driven capabilities and
implement automated decisions using existing and new data, advanced
analytics and ML based predictive models.
- Get great exposure to the payments industry, the merchant and
transaction data that flows through payment networks as we apply
innovative techniques to prevent fraud and credit losses, and
support growth, specifically from digital channels.
- Measure and realize how your work contributes to reducing
losses/ expenses and supporting business growth/ revenue.
You can look forward to:
- Designing and implementing ML / predictive models by utilizing
internal and external data available and applying statistical
- Tracking and monitoring model performance and provide
analytical support to business partners for addressing their
questions regarding automated decisions or automated alerts through
- Conduct complex analysis using statistical and other industry
leading quantitative techniques.
- Proactively using data to generate useful insights by assessing
key performance indicators / trends and presenting to business
- Partnering with business and technical SMEs to understand
relevant data, analyze and perform necessary deeper dives to solve
given business problem, summarize and present key findings.
- Support independent model validation, on-going model testing,
and ad-hoc model audits/reviews.
- Develop and coach junior team members and represent team in
senior leadership and client facing meetings.
- Lead the interaction with Fiserv's clients/partners to support
and enhance model documentation standards, model risk management,
model validation, encompassing data quality, monitoring, and
You're the kind of person who:
- Loves to collaborate.
- Can roll up their sleeves and make an impact.
- Has superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Is highly analytical - data driven.
- Can work on multiple projects while still meeting
***This position requires - 4 days in office with an option to work
Friday from home. First 90 days you'll be expected in office all 5
*** Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the
US. We are unable to provide employer sponsorship or take over
sponsorship of an employer sponsored visa at this time.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (STEM).
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in one or more of the following
areas: risk / marketing data / imbalanced datasets analytics or
predictive modeling or model validation.
- Proficient in Scikit-Learn/Lightgbm/xgboost/Pytorch/Python,
Excel or other analytical tools / open-source programming
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Master's Degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Working in Cloud AWS/Azure/GCP
- Exposure to and knowledge of statistical / financial modeling
in FINTECH / Payments domain.
- Experience in creating model tracking framework and supporting/
conducting model validation exercise with internal/external
- Hands-on experience with AI / Money Laundering techniques.
- Local candidate near Berkeley Heights, New Jersey.This role is
not eligible to be performed in Colorado, California, New York or
Washington.Please note that salary ranges provided for this role on
external job boards are salary estimates made by outside parties
and may not be accurate.Thank you for considering employment with
Fiserv. - Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume
(either is acceptable, both are preferable).What you should know
about us:Fiserv is a global fintech leader with 40,000-plus (and
growing) associates proudly serving clients in more than 100
countries. As a FORTUNE--- 500 company, one of Fast Company's Most
Innovative Companies, and a top scorer on Bloomberg's
Gender-Equality Index, we are committed to excellence and
purposeful innovation.Our commitment to Diversity and
Inclusion:Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome
and encourage diversity in our workforce that reflects our world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or
any other category protected by law. -We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
accommodation.Warning about fake job posts:Please be aware of
fraudulent job postings that are not affiliated with Fiserv.
Fraudulent job postings may be used by cyber criminals to target
your personally identifiable information and/or to steal money or
financial information.Any communications from a Fiserv
representative will come from a legitimate business email address.
-We will not hire through text message, social media, or email
alone, and any interviews will be conducted in person or through a
secure video call. We won't ask you for sensitive information nor
will we ask you to pay anything during the hiring process. We also
won't send you a check to cash on Fiserv's behalf.If you see
suspicious activity or believe that you have been the victim of a
job posting scam, you should report it to your local FBI field
office or to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Keywords: Fiserv, New York , Sr. Data Scientist, Other , Berkeley Heights, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!