Variable Hours Officer (NP) - Cardiology
Company: Columbia University
Location: New York
Posted on: September 19, 2023
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit: N/A
- Regular/Temporary: Temporary
- End Date if Temporary: Up to 1 year
- Hours Per Week: 5
- Salary Range: $70.00 per hour - $85.00 per hour
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based
on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental
budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses,
specialty, and training. The above hiring range represents the
University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of
possible compensation at the time of posting.
Under the direction of the Division Chief, the incumbent will be
responsible for the assessment and management of patients,
including diagnostic and therapeutic interventions under a medical
Complete patients' history and physical; order appropriate tests;
provide discharge instructions and patient education. Ensure
Care for patients in the advanced step down/ CCU.
Evaluate chest pain patients in the Emergency Department utilizing
an ACS / Chest Pain Protocol to direct patient care.
Admit and manage a select group of chest pain patients to the
Obtain consent, monitor pre and post procedure status of patients,
and screen patients for research protocols.
Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Requires Master's degree or equivalent in education and experience,
plus one to two years of experience, plus a current New York State
NP and RN license.
- Must have NP Board Certification.
- Must be eligible for ANCC Board Certification.
- Recent experience in Critical Care required.
- Previous NP experience a plus.
- Must have the ability to adapt to a flexible schedule. Flex
shifts, Night and/ or Night with Day rotation positions are
- Excellent clinical, interpersonal and communication (both
written and verbal) skills required.
- Experience working in Cardiology preferred.
- Participation in Medical Surveillance required.
- Must successfully complete systems training requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local
Keywords: Columbia University, New York , Variable Hours Officer (NP) - Cardiology, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!