Registered Nurse, Home Care, RN (Upper Manhattan)
Company: VNS Health
Posted on: September 21, 2023
OverviewProvides high quality comprehensive nursing care to meet
the needs of the patient/client and manages/coordinates the
delivery of cost effective multidisciplinary health care services
for a caseload of patients/clients consistent with VNS Health
philosophy, policy, goals and objectives, and Standards of Nursing
Practice. Works under moderate supervision.ResponsibilitiesThis
Role is Eligible for a Sign-On Bonus of $12,000. In this Role
- Assessments needs of the clients to develop a plan of care
- Case Management within a Point System
- Understanding and implementing proper protocols to determine
billing source for patient/client care.
- Consult with Management on complex/unique cases
- Provide a plan of care with support of the
Clinical/Medical/appropriatemultidisciplinary members to ensure the
services follow the plan of care by assessment, planning,
coordination, counseling, teaching and supervision to meet needs of
- Monitor/Assess patients/clients' condition, effects of the care
- Oversees/supervises the care provided to the patient by
Licensed Practical Nurses and Paraprofessionals.
- Manages, plans, coordinates and executes the patient's safe
discharge from service.
- Ensures that physician's orders, discharge summary and
communication to team members, patient and family members adhere to
VNS Health andregulatory requirements.
- Communicates and consults with patient's MD with all manners
when needed, manage and coordinate all aspects of assigned
- Assists patients with activities of daily living
- Documents content and process of all services provided in
internal system properly.
- Transport/utilize medical equipment to and from
clients/patients' home/facilities. Travel to patient/clients' homes
and/or other facilities.
- Perform other related duties and participates in special
project, as assigned.What We Offer:Benefits at a Glance:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care Account/Dependent Care Account
- Commuter "TRIP" Benefit
- Basic Life Insurance, Supplemental Group Life and AD&D
- Short and Long Term Disability Benefits
- Retirement Saving Plan, CARE Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Family Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Fitness Discounts, Employee Discounts
- Credit Union
- And much moreQualificationsLicenses and Certifications:
License and current registration to practice as a registered
professional nurse in New York State required
Valid driver's license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card, may be
required as determined by operational/regional needs.
Degree in Nursing from an approved program required
Bachelor's Degree NFP Only- Nursing required
Experience for CHHA:
Minimum of one year of experience in a medical/surgical environment
Experience for Hospice:
Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience, including at
least six months of Hospice, or Med/Surg or ICU or Emergency Dep't
or Home care, Palliative Care, Oncology or Long Term Care
Experience for NFP:
Minimum of one year of recent experience in maternal/child health
Demonstrated basic computer skills required
Pay Range per Visit:
If you are applying to the per diem per visit version of this job,
the hiring range is as follows: $64.20- $85.57 per visit.
Keywords: VNS Health, New York , Registered Nurse, Home Care, RN (Upper Manhattan), Other , Hillside, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!