Company: OWENS CORNING
Posted on: September 22, 2023
The Continuous Improvement Coordinator is an hourly position
reporting to the Technical Leader. - The Continuous Improvement
Coordinator is critical in assisting with the coordination of plant
Focused Improvement initiatives focused on sustained improvement of
plant operations through use of TPM Methodologies and Employee
Engagement. - The incumbent will assist with coordinating and
facilitating focused improvement teams for improving safety,
quality, and overall plant performance.
- Coordinate Focused Improvement Efforts
- Subject Matter Expert for Lean Principles & TPM
- Train & Coach facility staff on use of Focused Improvement
Tools & Methods
- Lead Focused Improvement Teams/Kaizen Events to
improve/eliminate re-occurring problems
- Update Metrics, Reports, Project Statuses as required.
-Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key player in supporting the implementation of FI
- Participate in TPM - Pillar teams as designated.
- Assist in leading and facilitating teams through Focused
Improvement meetings including but not limited to: Root Cause
Investigation, Break Down Analysis, Kaizen events, 5S
Implementation, Waste Elimination, Visual Factory, Six Sigma
projects and other similar processes. -
- Provide training sessions and coach team members how to
effectively execute TPM tools and techniques. Will require flexible
time schedule to support a 24/7 operation.
- Attend training as required to improve skills and
- Apply analytical tools to identify & track improvement
- Assist with the development of event charters, solicit
participation, and coordinate logistics for successful events.
- Follow-up on open action items to implement opportunities that
were identified & close projects.
- Work with other facilities & regional supports to identify
areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Use statistical metrics and data collection techniques to
determine project opportunities and improvements.
- Audit completed projects to ensure sustainment, develop systems
to monitor sustainment.
- Submit notifications of safety and equipment problems into SAP
or other designated systems and ensure timely follow-up of
- Participate in the layered process audits for provide feedback
to process owners.
- Perform other related duties as consistent with the nature of
the job as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain communications with other TPM locations and facilities
in sharing "best practices" to drive results
- Establish & Meet personal goals that support TPM & Plant Goals
-SKILLS AND ABILITIESThe employee should hold the following
- Self-starter with ability to develop strategies in line with an
overall business vision.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must possess PC operational skills
- Must possess presentation and facilitation skills
- Must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid
unrestrictive driver's license -COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE
COMPENTENCIESThe employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Minitab experience preferred -EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCEThe
employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Bachelors Degree or Associate degree preferred
- Green Belt Six Sigma preferred
- Related experience and/or training in an industrial
- Proof of legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free -ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTThis position requires:
- Ability to work off shifts occasionally
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 15 pounds
- Standing- frequently
- Sitting- continuously
- Walking - frequently
- Hand/Eye Coordination- continuously
- Wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)- continuously -
-About Owens Corning - - Owens Corning is a global building and
construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable
future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses
- Composites, Insulation, and Roofing - provide durable,
sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique
material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our
customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with
approximately 19,000 employees in 31 countries dedicated to
generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a
difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in
1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2022
sales of $9.8 billion. For more information, visit -.Owens Corning
is an equal opportunity employer. - -
Keywords: OWENS CORNING, New York , CI Coordinator, Other , Kearny, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!