Sr. Specialist, Regulatory Affairs - North America
Company: International Flavors and Fragrances
Location: New York
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Requisition ID :493007
It's an exciting time to be part of IFF's Global Regulatory
Affairs. As a Sr. Specialist of North America Scent Regulatory team
you will be responsible for the regulatory compliance and
conformity to customer requirements for fragrance products created
in your region. In a regulatory landscape that is continuously
evolving and with our customers increasingly aiming for more
innovation and differentiation, you'll be working with a team of
dedicated Managers and Specialists and in close collaboration with
perfumers, scent design managers, account teams and customers. This
is a hybrid position with flexibility as needed.
This role will be reporting to the Director of Regulators Affairs -
To be successful in this role you must have anywhere from 5-7 years
of previous experience in regulatory compliance role, or a related
field. A four-year College Degree in Science related field is
preferred. You will need to demonstrate a strong solution-oriented
mindset, innovative thinking, strategic agility, and
cross-functional collaboration skills.
You will spend your time...
- Working with a team of regulatory Specialists and Managers.
This will require the ability to work in a team environment and
contribute to collaborative projects.
- Providing support for all product compliance/regulatory,
product claims and certifications aspects, including compliance
reviews and documentation.
- Data management for compliance systems.
- Developing and implementing solutions pro-actively in
preparation of upcoming regulatory changes, to drive
differentiation and support customer needs related to
sustainability and product claims.
- Creating and making regulatory presentations to internal and
- Participating in Trade Organization meetings with Regulatory
- 5-7 years of previous experience in regulatory compliance role
or a related field.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously,
prioritizing workload to meet multiple deadlines.
- Good Project Management, problem solving and decision-making
- Proficient in the use of computers and possess a working
knowledge of associated office software packages (e.g. Word, Excel,
and PowerPoint). Sound experience of computer information systems
is also essential, although training will be provided on
IFF-developed systems and tools.
- Demonstrate ability to work within a team, while maintaining
discipline to work independently when remote.
- Able to communicate effectively between departments and
external associations with varying priorities.
- Able to operate effectively within our regulatory systems,
documentation systems, and office systems.
- Review fragrance formulas for compliance with applicable
regulations, customer requirements and industry
- Provide customer support to sales, creative and applications,
for fragrance safety and regulatory issues. Prepare customer
documentation for fragrance formulas.
- Demonstrate diligence and an attention to detail.
- Demonstrate organizational skills as well and a customer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word,
OWN. Deliver results, be responsive and be the key source of
information for your internal stakeholders and external
DRIVE INNOVATION. Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new
ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from
continuous improvement to the implementation of new IT systems and
supporting IFF product innovations).
Compensation ($82,560 - $95,000) is based on a variety of factors
including but not limited to work experience, skills,
certifications, and location.
We are a global leader in taste, scent and nutrition, offering our
customers a broader range of natural solutions and accelerating our
growth strategy. At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes
our potential. We value the diverse mosaic of the ethnicity,
national origin, race, age, sex or veteran status. We strive for an
inclusive workplace that allows each of our colleagues to bring
their authentic self to work regardless of their religion, gender
identity & expression, sexual orientation, or disability.
Visit to learn more.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Keywords: International Flavors and Fragrances, New York , Sr. Specialist, Regulatory Affairs - North America, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!