Special Inspector - New York, NY
Company: Bureau Veritas
Location: New York
Posted on: June 15, 2019
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities
with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to
play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy
working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity
to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to
apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status,
sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any
other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in
employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis
of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions,
training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel
Currently we are looking for Special Inspectors for immediate
Building, Transportation, & Infrastructure Projects. The ideal
candidate must meet some or all of the following requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Structural Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, or Architecture
• A minimum of 1 years of experience inspecting construction work
in the city of NY, varied in Size and complexity.
• Familiarity with Chapter 17 of the NYC building code.
• Currently holds a valid certification in 1 or more of the
o AABC Test and Balance Technician Certification
o ICC Mechanical Inspector (Residential)
o ICC Mechanical Inspector (Commercial)
o NEBB Air Balancer Certification
o NYS Licensed Professional Engineer or Registered Architect
• Current training in: fall protection, scaffolding and ladders,
work-zone safety, & minimum of 10-hour OSHA construction
Qualified professionals will also have:
• Ability to communicate with colleagues and clients of all
• Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to provide inspection reports in a timely manor
• Reliable means of transportation & valid driver's license
• Willingness to obtain additional certifications
• Works well with a team and individually
• Familiarity with construction industry codes
• High School diploma or equivalent
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to
assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment
opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and
application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with
your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist
you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next
great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas'
federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity,
please click the link below:
Keywords: Bureau Veritas, New York , Special Inspector - New York, NY, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!