Company: Doctors of the World USA
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Doctors of the World USA Development Associate
About Doctors of the World USADoctors of the World is the US
chapter of the M--decins du Monde (MdM) International Network, an
international humanitarian organization that provides emergency and
long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while fighting for
equal access to healthcare worldwide. DotW is a small but
fast-growing organization with increasing influence in the MdM
International Network, and plans to launch an international program
Doctors of the World values healthcare as a fundamental right and
is committed to improving access to quality medical services for
populations affected by poverty, disease, conflict, natural
disasters or health disparities. DotW provides medical care under
all circumstances, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion,
age or political beliefs. Standing up against discrimination, DotW
bears witness to health inequity worldwide.
About the PositionDoctors of the World USA seeks a motivated,
entrepreneurial, and creative individual to provide fundraising and
donor communications support within a small, high-functioning team.
The main focus of the position is the maintenance of the donor
database (Salesforce) and all donor records; the timely and
accurate delivery of services to donors including gift
acknowledgment, renewals, and the development and dissemination of
regular donor communications; maintenance of written and financial
data content on the relevant portion of our website. The
Development Associate reports directly to the Sr. Development
Officer, while collaborating closely and effectively with
colleagues and a variety of external actors.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape a growing
international organization, in a busy and fast-paced environment.
Working under the direction of the Sr. Development Officer, the
Development Associate plays a key role in supporting organization
fundraising efforts as well as performing general development
support functions essential to Doctors of the Worlds success and
- Input and ensure accuracy of donor data and gifts in
- Perform database maintenance functions to keep data and gift
records clean and up to date.
- Manage relationship with Salesforce support; participate in
periodic Salesforce training.
- Write and produce donor and gift reports
- Steward and expand individual contributions to DotW; support
outside direct marketing and communications consultants.
- Maintain website donate page and ensure that content and
related financial information is up to date.
- Monitor and maintain Stripe revenue channel, troubleshooting
any technical issues
- Generate and mail/email donor acknowledgment letters and tax
receipts in a timely manner.
- Provide logistical and other support for small cultivation
Institutional Fundraising (Private and Public donors)
- Provide proposal and grant management support to the Sr.
Development Officer and US Grants Manager
- Support Sr. Development Officer and US Grants Manager in
tracking grant reporting and other donor requirements, and
scheduling meeting preparation, record keeping, and follow-up.
- Maintain accurate and up to date donor files in Google Drive
(current and historical)
- Assist in the creation, dissemination and tracking of regular
donor communications, including the development of collateral
materials (one-pagers, brochures, etc.)
- Assist in the development and dissemination of donor
communications and collateral materials.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of the prospect research
- Other administrative duties as assigned/needed.
The ideal candidate should have the following experience and
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a social justice,
health or community based organization environment; significant
fundraising experience; proven success in building or expanding an
individual giving program is preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce database maintenance is
- An understanding of 501(c)(3) nonprofit legal
- Excellent writing skills, and strong interpersonal and
organizational communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively and efficiently in a
small team environment.
- Commitment to, and passion for the vision, mission, values and
work of Doctors of the World.
- Experience as an effective communicator who is articulate and
persuasive in both the spoken and written word; must be adept at
crafting materials and making presentations to a variety of
This position is based in the New York City office
Salary is commensurate with experience and developed skills.
Doctors of the World offers a competitive benefits package
including medical and dental insurance, a 403(b) plan with employer
contribution, flexible spending account, and generous paid time off
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to with
"Development Associate" in the subject line. Visit our website,
doctorsoftheworld.org. No phone calls, please. Doctors of the World
is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color, disabled
and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Doctors of the World USA, New York , Development Associate, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!