Premier Banker- Chinatown
Company: Flushing Saving Bank
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
General Statement of Duties: The Premier Banker is expected to
deliver a superior branch experience bywelcoming customers to the
branch and making their banking needs your toppriority. The Premier
Banker is engaged in all aspects of customerinteraction involving
sales, service and transaction processing, focusing on building
full banking relationships with current clients and prospects,
while seizing opportunities to promote, explain, recommend and
cross-sell bank products and services. The Premier Banker will
ensure thecustomer's financial needs are met by conducting a
thorough financial needs assessmentand recommending appropriate
solutions that fulfill the customers immediate andfuture needs.
This position is part of a team of professional individuals with a
shared focus on delivering a world class customer service
experience. The Premier Banker will be responsible for acquisition
and portfolio management of a 'Premier' client base. May be asked
to perform duties as the officer in charge when Branch Manager is
not present. *Fluency in Chinese/Cantonese Supervision Received:
Reports to the Branch Manager Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceedall financial objectives pertaining to individual
goals and branch team goals.Individual targets will include an
Investment/Insurance revenue goal as well as
- expectations for Premier Checking growth.
- Engage with customers following established customer
interaction model, to establish new
- customer relationships, retain and deepen existing customer
- provide highest customer service standards .
- Utilize a consultative selling approach to understand customer
needs and financial goals,
- offer appropriate solutions and refer to business partners when
- clients with higher levels of investable assets and offer
Premier checking as
- the best in class banking package.
- As a designated Premier banker, will manage a portfolio of
clients with expectations of
- retaining and deepening their relationship and establishing a
- Leverage licenses and investment basic knowledge to recommend
investment and insurance solutions.Perform required activities to
achieve Investment sales goals. Establish
- effective partnership with the Financial Consultant.
- Proactively and professionally greet customers as they enter
the branch and determine the best
- way to manage their experience.
- Engage in outbound calling and outreach activities to generate
a consistent flow of
- qualified referrals and building a robust pipeline of sales
- Encourage automated transaction handling to customers by "hip
to hip" demonstration. If automation is not possible, accept
- process deposits, payments, checks for cashing and other
- manual processing, according to established procedures and
- Handle servicing of customer accounts and resolve issues
efficiently and effectively, with the
- highest of customer service standards. The customer needs to be
in the center
- of everything we do in the branch.
- May be the officer in charge when BM is not available, taking
lead on all sales
- initiatives and insuring an exceptional client branch
- Adhere to compliance and operations risk controls in accordance
with the company and
- regulatory standards, policies and practices.
- Be able to efficiently and effectively access operational
- procedures. Perform operational responsibilities as designated
- Establish proficiency of the Bank's systems needed to
effectively service customers with
- the highest of service standards
- Employees may be required to participate in the opening of safe
deposit boxes due to nonpayment of rent or for other reasons. The
Bank does not control or monitor the contents
- of the safe deposit box, and the Bank is not responsible for
- or other items which may be found in such box.
- Employees may find themselves presented with offensive,
- unlawful materials, photos or other items in connection with
the opening of
- safe deposit boxes. An employee who encounters any such item
- with a supervisor regarding appropriate handling.
- Other duties as
- MUST be fluent in Chinese/Cantonese
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related
- field, or comparable education and/or experience is
- --- 5+ years of experience in a financial
- institution or comparable experience in a selling
- The financial expertise and experience to offer product
recommendations that will help customers with their immediate
financial needs, as well as providing guidance to achieve their
long term financial goals and dreams.
- Highly driven to grow one's own personal capabilities by
actively participating in opportunities to expand knowledge,
influencing, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills effective communication skills
leading to strong client
- service and sales skills.
- A track record of working effectively in a team environment and
building relationships with
- --- Knowledge of financial institution operations and
procedures. Requires a working knowledge of laws and regulations
pertaining to financial institution and the ability to interpret
and understand laws and regulations.
- Ability to apply strong analytical skills in reviewing data
- from business partners.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with internal
business partners demonstrating a working knowledge of major
- --- Effective communication skills including oral and written
skills. Requires the ability to work with all levels of management
- --- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, and Excel and
multiple computer and software systems. Technology proficient for
providing on line and mobile banking demonstrations and understands
how social media plays in to today's financial world.
- Travel to branches and departments within the five boroughs,
Nassau and Suffolk counties,
- as well as to local companies to deliver BAW on sites
- Securities & Health/Life licensing is preferred, but not
- A high level of trustworthiness, character, professionalism,
confidentiality, and honesty in dealing with colleagues and
- EOE M/F/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Keywords: Flushing Saving Bank, New York , Premier Banker- Chinatown, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!