Senior Scientist II - Productivity
Company: Mondelez International
Location: East Hanover
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over
160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of
snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits;
Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids
candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are
key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands.
That's who we are. Join us on our mission to continue leading the
future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack,
for the right moment, made the right way. In Research, Development
& Quality (RD&Q), your skills can be the special ingredient
that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of
scientists, engineers and nutritionists, you'll work tirelessly on
product design or development, process development, quality,
nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a
consistent, delightful consumer experience. RD&Q is where
you'll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.Purpose of Role: The
position sits within the NA Cross Category Productivity team and is
responsible for leading NA productivity projects across the
Biscuit, Gum & Candy, and Chocolate categories. The role is
essential to deliver regional margin targets while maintaining or
improving consumer acceptability and brand requirements. Main
- Lead the identification, scoping, proof of principle
development and successful project transfer of Productivity
projects to Category RDQI Brand teams for implementation.
- Design, plan, and execute bench top experiments, pilot plant
trials and plant trials.
- Conduct appropriate testing, gather and analyze data, interpret
data and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Develop and manage project plans and timelines to insue that
projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Develop robust action plans, risk assessments, and contingency
- Lead and participate in cross functional teams to identify and
resolve technical issues.
- Build strong relationships within RDQI, Procurement, Marketing,
Finance, and ISC.
- Work collaboratively to gain alignment across teams.
- Write IC's and PDR's and update formulations and
- Manage relationships with suppliers and business partners in
RDQI, Procurement, Consumer Science, Marketing, Finance, Quality,
ISC and other functions.
- Coach and mentor junior scientists within the department.KPIs /
- Support NA Raw Material Productivity
- Pipeline development and delivery.Targets / Dimensions
- 3-4% of spend Raw Productivity
- More than $10MM E2E savings over next 3 years.Key Interfaces /
- Ingredient SuppliersInternal:
- Associate Director Cross Category Productivity
- NA Spend Area Platform Leads
- Regional RDQI Brand Stewards
- Consumer Science
- Business Development
- Marketing Brand Leads
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or
another related technical field
- Minimum 7 years food industry experience
- Strong technical foundation and technical curiosity
- 5 years of Project Management Skills
- Ability to develop and drive technical projects with proper
scientific rigor: conduct appropriate testing, gather and analyze
data and develop recommendations based on findings
- Knowledge of Advanced Excel and Minitab
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong learning agility
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent oral and written skills and have the ability to
present technical findings to team
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams,
internal RDQ stakeholders and colleagues while providing technical
input on all projects
- Ability to travel up to 20% (Domestic and International -
Canada and Mexico) Mondelez Global LLC is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected
Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to
participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460
for assistance. Applicants must complete all required steps in the
application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to
be considered for this position.
Keywords: Mondelez International, New York , Senior Scientist II - Productivity, Other , East Hanover, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!