Location: New York
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Logistics Coordinator (Operations & Documentation)
Globex International Inc. is an export trading company,
specializing in the sale of frozen meat commodities to various
global markets. We have an opening for Logistics Coordinator
(Operations & Documentation) to work in our New York City office,
located in Midtown Manhattan.
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for the outbound
movement and delivery of Globex export sales orders. They will work
hand-in-hand with our team of traders, as well as well as with our
established networks of suppliers, warehouses and forwarding
agents. The role will also include assisting in the preparation of
all export documents, including Bills of Lading, Certificates of
Origin, Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, USDA certificates,
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Keeping track of new sales orders and ensuring all pre-shipment
requirements are satisfied (receipt of down-payment, import
permits, documentation instructions, etc.).
- Coordinating and monitoring the loading of containers with
various suppliers and warehouses, both domestically and
- Placing bookings with ocean carriers, through Globex freight
- Sending shipment details to all clients, prior to
- Entering data into Globex database program with all relevant
- Providing loading facilities with steamship line booking
information and detailed loading instructions.
- Arranging third-party pre-shipment inspection of containers,
- Coordinating with Globex vendors, suppliers and Forwarding
Agents to obtain shipping documents, such as Bills of Lading,
Certificates of Origin, USDA certificates, Halal Certificates and
other export documentation for all container loads.
- Issuing commercial invoices, packing lists, quality
certificates in addition to other shipping documents.
- Reviewing and compiling documents for presentation to banks for
letter of credit transactions;
- Preparing documents for submission to Embassies, Consulates and
other agencies involved in document legalization;
- Communicating with Globex customers to verify that shipping
documents are accurate and error-free.
- Ensuring that original shipping documents are dispatched to
final customers in a timely manner via e-mail, regular mail and/or
- Communicating with agents, vendors and clients regarding the
status of shipments.
- Other general customer service duties.
- 2-5 years of previous international logistics experience
(freight forwarding experience is a major plus).
- Must be proficient in computer applications such as MS Outlook,
- Any exposure to ERPs, or experience with EDI is attractive, but
- Should be familiar with online tracking of ocean containers and
be able to learn our proprietary software quickly.
- Familiarity with U.S. Export Documentation regulations and
procedures including Bill of Lading instructions, AES/EEI filing,
export documentation, etc.
- Knowledge of refrigerated (reefer) container operations is a
plus (not required).
- Strong problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Ability and willingness to speak with clients about day to day
issues and shipment status.
- Strong communication & organization skills;
- Have a diligent work ethic, a proactive attitude and a high
level of attention to details.
- Highly energized and motivated, with a team-player
- Bachelor s Degree
Please email resum and cover letter below
Keywords: Globex, New York , Logistics Coordinator, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!