Senior Accounting Analyst
Company: Thornton Tomasetti
Location: New York
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and
analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size
and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10
practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science,
Renewal, Property Loss Consulting, Construction Engineering,
Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability
and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings
to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high
performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form,
function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget.
TALENT is at the core of our business.
If you are interested in joining a growing and prestigious
international company that strives to maintain a work environment
based on cooperation, respect and employee growth and satisfaction,
then this is a position for you to consider. At this time, we are
seeking for a Senior Accounting Analyst to join our team. The
successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate very good
analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as
strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidate also
needs to have the ability to follow through and meet deadlines
within tight time frames.
General responsibilities include:
- Assist in the annual audit and other regulatory audits that
occur during the year
- Prepare and submit provisional billing rates as needed
- Monthly reconciliation of revenue recognition from contracts
(ASC, topic 606)
- Support Financial reporting for JV's and other related
- Contracts/Projects review with the project manager's
- Quality assurance of the Contracts Billing terms and Fees in
- Assist management with special projects and ad-hoc analyses
The successful candidate will have the following
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, MBA preferred
- 3-4 years of related experience, preferably in the professional
- Government reporting experience is a plus.
- Deltek Vision experience is a plus
- Strong MS-Excel and MS-Word skills. MS-Access is a plus
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace.
Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered
without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion
(including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual
orientation, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
access to and use of this website and application for a job at
Thornton Tomasetti are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the
country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before
submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your
agreement with the terms.
Keywords: Thornton Tomasetti, New York , Senior Accounting Analyst, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!