Data Center Technician
Company: Insight Enterprises, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Requisition Number: 77960--As a Data Center Technician, you will
enter a high-energy and tech savvy world. We are looking for
someone who has exceptional interpersonal skills, is customer
service focused, and has a proven track record of delivering best
in class Data Center hardware solutions. Successful engineers are
able to adapt quickly to changing technical and professional
environments. --Insight Enterprise is seeking a Data Center
Technician to work on site with our client in Secaucus, New
Jersey!-- This position is 2nd shift, Monday thru Friday (with an
occasional Saturday as needed). --This is 6+ month contract with
possibility of permanent hire. --We are seeking talent ASAP! If you
are looking for an exciting and challenging position, and have the
skill sets below we would love to speak with you! --What you'll
need to join Insight:
- 6+ years' experience in working with co-locations and
- Solid understanding of server hardware installation of (HP,
Dell, Supermicro, others), network hardware (Cisco, Arista,
Metamako, Raritan), server/network appliances (FSMLabs
Grandmasters, Novasparks, others), storage hardware (EMC/Dell,
Isilon, Avere, others), smart electrical hardware / PDUs.
- Basic understanding of electrical and datacenter safety -
candidate should know how to work safe within a datacenter.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and execute tasks given on
a daily basis via a ticketing system.
- Ability to perform basic infrastructure troubleshooting,
including using light meters, cable testers, OTDR, etc.
- Hard worker and self-motivator with the ability to work under
fast paced and stressful environment at times.
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows 7/Windows 10/XP and
related Office applications.
- Ability to work 40+ hours a week and 2nd shift M-F plus
Saturdays if scheduled to do so.--
- Understanding of inventory control via excel, documentation or
HP Asset Manager software.
- DWDM wiring and testing.
- Must be able to lift 70-lbs on their own
- Must be able to climb racks (tall racks in use at Client's
- Must be able to perform in Extremely fast paced environments
with little to no down time
- Must be punctual
- Must be able to work with minimal guidanceThe position
described above provides a summary of some the job duties required
and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive
list of physical demands and work environment for this
position,--.--Today, every business is a technology business.
Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with
Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions--- and services to
maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global
provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation,
connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and
services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while
transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to
implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients
innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover
more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent
Technology Solutions--- for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN
Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco
Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions
Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for
Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider--
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in
Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for
Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best
Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and
Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance* Proforma to
include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018--Today's
talent leads--tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at
Insight:--.--Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or
any other characteristic protected by law.----Posting
Notes:--Secaucus------New Jersey (US-NJ)------United States
(US)------None---- None------US - New York, NY; US - Newark,
Keywords: Insight Enterprises, Inc., New York , Data Center Technician, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!