Head of Production
Company: EAD Corporations
Location: New York
Posted on: January 15, 2021
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production
companies and brands, working across all media channels and
platforms. We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative
technologies and content production Our projects include the
creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as
world class visual effects and video production. We are a vibrant
network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative
technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture
innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in
London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We
are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and
memorable work that captivates and excites audiences. We are The
Mill. We create the extraordinary. Job Description Our global
Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with
rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring
or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour
to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through
the use of movement, storytelling and timing. The Head of
Production (HoP) at The Mill is a senior management role. With
extensive production experience, a proven senior/ leadership track
record, an acute commercial awareness and highly developed
communication and client skills, the HoP will work with the
Director of Production and the studio management team to lead and
develop the production department, maintain client relationships,
improve internal production effectiveness and efficiency, and
deliver both creative and commercial success. Responsibilities:
- To ensure the most effective use of the company's resources and
to ensure the effective delivery of all projects to budget and on
- To oversee quotations and pitches with clients as necessary
with more junior members of production.
- Monitor the overall tracking of projects in production and
oversee course correction where required.
- Have a decisive voice in decisions (with the HoP, HoO and MD)
on high discount, high risk, investment and/or pro-bono projects.
This is pivotal to the success of business and will require
interaction with operational (HR , Engineering, Marketing,
Operations, Finance) and creative (2D, 3D, Design, Colour, Mill+,
Emerging Technology) heads of departments.
- Ensure that quality standards and good working practices are
met on all projects undertaken by the department.
- Develop, train, motivate and support all people in the
- Work with the Director of Production and Head of Operations to
develop a robust. modern L&D plan for all levels.Approval of
Production PTO and ensuring the department is well staffed and
working with the Production Supervisors to ensure workload is
- Closely monitor service departments of the business including
BEAM.TV, Media Transfer/MCR, Dispatch, Hubspot platforms etc. to
continually review, refine and improve on the efficiency of our
systems and our client services.
- Encourage and implement improved efficiency in production
administrative and paperwork processes. Liaise regularly with
finance and commercial to ensure the best use of CETA and that
correct rate cards are upheld.
- Be responsible for implementation of relevant actions, derived
from working alongside the Commercial Manager, to improve the
operational performance of New York Production.--
- Be responsible for inducting all fulltime and freelance
- Monitor, and take steps to care for, artist welfare while also
providing balanced protection for our clients and upholding the
level of service/work they should expect from The Mill.
- Promote the advancement of all Mill offerings both internally
and externally (VFX, Direction, Finish, CT, DTB etc.)
- On a regular basis, meet with heads of other Mill
- Regularly meet with HoP counterparts across the group to ensure
best practice and seamless information and project sharing between
- Chairing of regular production meetings.
- Annual performance reviews of the production team and
- The Mill NY HoP must liaise closely with the Director of
Production, Supervisors and EPs on outward sales initiatives;
ensuring consistency with production staffing and client
- Monitor the satisfaction and retention of existing clients and
be an escalation point when issues arise.
- Develop and maintain an 'ear' to the market and disseminate
relevant information to the production team and key staff at The
- Network with agency, production company and editorial
- Work with the Director of Production to ensure a consistent
senior point of contact for agency peers when required.
- Attend regular industry events with key senior clients; Assist
the coordination of client engagement with the EP team
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Working knowledge of the Post Production process and the US
- Highly organized.
- Exemplary time and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all
- Proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks.
- Able to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced
- Attention to detail and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- 8+ years experience as a senior producer/ supervisor.
Additional Information Please click--here --to review our privacy
notices for job applicants. If you require assistance applying,
please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org we'll be happy to
assist.-- TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the
basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry,
medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental
and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age,
veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, political party preference, political belief,
socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner
status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical
conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by
federal, state/provincial or local law.
Keywords: EAD Corporations, New York , Head of Production, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!