Director, Supply Management
Company: Nice-Pak Products, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Driven by a commitment to research, quality and service, PDI,
Inc. provides innovative products, educational resources, training
and support to prevent infection transmission and promote health
and wellness. Encompassing 3 areas, our Healthcare, Sani
Professional and Contract manufacturing divisions, we develop,
manufacture and distribute leading edge products for North America
and the world. We have several locations across the US and are
looking for new Associates to join our team!-- POSITION PURPOSE:
Responsibilities for this position include:-- Supply management
including inventory planning, capacity planning, master scheduling,
production scheduling, and raw materials management. Driving
continuous improvement, this leader will create value by optimizing
the customer experience, ensuring plant efficiency, reducing costs,
and maximizing working capital. Ability to integrate and
effectively communicate short/medium term forecasting and long-term
advanced planning across multiple levels within the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Lead the development and implementation of a clear vision and
strategy for the Supply Chain function.
- Provide overall leadership for inventory planning, capacity
planning, master production scheduling, forecast analysis and raw
materials management for PDI.
- Be a champion of the PDI S&OP Process. Assume ownership of
the Supply Management portion of the process leading up to, and
including, managing the overall S&OP process. Actively engage
with all functions throughout the entire process.
- Drive Advanced Planning initiatives to include opportunities
for Intelligent Min/Max (IMM), Aggregate Forecasting, A.I.
Forecasting, Multi-Echelon Inventory Optimization, Dynamic Safety
Stock, and other Advanced Planning tools as feasible.
- Partner with Business Unit leaders, Operations, Procurement,
Research & Development, and Quality to actively support all Core
Team activities relative to the development and improvement of our
- Support Operations objectives to ensure they are met or
- Utilizing the S&OP process, ensure customer service metrics
are met or exceeded through optimized inventory management.
- Develop Dynamic Planning Dashboard(s) for consistent, ongoing
data review to help provide enhanced visibility into short, medium,
and long-term planning.
- Maintain a sharp focus on customer requirements and ensure the
supply chain is capable of supporting those requirements at all
- Manage the planning and ordering of all 3 rd party
manufacturing partner's products.
- Manage the planning and purchasing of all raw material
components. Ensure on-time delivery and orders placed in the most
economically advantageous way.
- Create and maintain Scorecard Metrics and KPIs geared at World
Class Supply Chain benchmarking results across cost, quality,
inventory, and delivery.
- Develop processes around e-business and e-purchasing systems as
necessary to support the technology upgrades required of some new
customers and suppliers.
- Play an active role in the Manufacturing and Distribution
Network long-term strategy.
- Work with Suppliers to ensure efficient and cost-effective
means of inbound transportation of raw material supply.
- Support cost savings initiatives throughout the Operations
functions. Stay current with LXI system, identifying enhanced use
of the systems, including the potential for usage of modules not
- Play an integral role on the Operations Team as it relates to
the implementation of a new ERP.
- Emphasis on change management with a focus on further enhancing
a cohesive environment.
- Assess supply chain team and recommend optimal structure.
Provide development opportunities for high potential associates,
and identify/recruit new talent as appropriate.
- Enhanced development and management of Supply Chain budget.
- OTIF Customer Service Metrics.
- Inventory Days of Supply and dollar value goals to be met.
- All Analytics to be compiled on a predetermined schedule.
- All tools resulting from the Optimize program relative to
scheduling, supply plan, etc. to be completed according to the
- Overall Scoreboard Metrics and KPIs. QUALIFICATIONS: Include
minimum qualifications for formal training, education,
certifications, licensures, and/or working experience. Identify the
level of knowledge; skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required to
perform the essential job responsibilities and duties competently.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Supply Chain, or other
Operations Management or technical disciplines. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
- Expertise in Excel, ERP and MRP. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 5 years in a Supply Chain leadership role in a high
volume, high SKU manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of S&OP processes required. Strong proficiency in
ERP systems necessary, LXI experience a plus.
- Experience with WMS and TMS. Experience with
logistics/transportation and warehouse design and technology.
Experience with supplier contract (adherence, performance,
scorecarding, etc.). SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Ability to multitask and organize workload efficiently.
- Must have excellent follow-up skills and be a
- Understanding of plant financials and impact of decisions on
results. Strong data analytics capability. WORKING CONDITIONS:--
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. #LI-PDI
Qualifications Skills Required Management Advanced Behaviors
Preferred Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Nice-Pak Products, Inc., New York , Director, Supply Management, Professions , Orangeburg, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!