Company: New York City's YMCA
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
SALARY: $18.00 - $20.00 P/HThe YMCA of Greater New York is here
for all New Yorkers - to empower youth, improve health, and
strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse
population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow,
and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches.
Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active,
engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.The Flatbush YMCA
is seeking a Site Coordinator, who under the supervision of the
Site Director, will play a critical role in providing academic
enhancement and enrichment in the Y After School program, including
Holiday Camps, at PS 194 located at 3117 Avenue W in Brooklyn. The
incumbent will be responsible for providing a safe and positive
environment for school age children, to provide opportunities for
learning, interaction, and academic/personal growth. Specifically,
the Site Coordinator will ensure the health, safety and wellbeing
of children in the program by providing close supervision of all
activities and staff, and manage the day to day operations of the Y
Afterschool and Y Core programs. Y After-School programs operate
from 2:00pm-6:00pm, Monday-Friday and during public school
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the
program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment
that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Y Afterschool and Y
- Maintain accurate program records (participant files, staff
files, YS.net data entry, incident / accident / behavior reports,
attendance & sign-in / sign-out sheets, and licensing
- Plan, create and ensure implementation of weekly lesson
- Observe and assess the individual needs of children; handle
student related problems.
- Assist parents in finding referrals to proper agencies for
evaluations and remediation of children with special needs.
- Monitor and update all required staff training attendance and
- Ensure that supplies and equipment are available and kept
- Fiscal contract management.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere
that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with
learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Understand, communicate, and model the YMCA's core values and
the goals of the Y Afterschool Program to participants and care
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and
guardians through regular communication about their child's
strengths and areas of growth.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated
meetings and special events.
- Adhere to all Office of Community Schools, Department of
Education, Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and
funder standards, expectations, and regulations.--
- Understand and communicate the YMCA's core values and the goals
to participants and caregivers.--
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing
health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC
guidelines.--Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Minimum of six months--of experience working with youth.
- Current CPR / First Aid / RTE certifications.
- Excellent leadership and hospitality skills.
- Comfortable working with a diverse population.
- Knowledge of Google Classroom/Zoom preferred.
- Must be available to work Monday - Friday 2:00pm - 6:00pm.We
offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture
committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading
not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association
relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs
we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is
that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising
efforts in some capacity.--How to Apply:If you would like to be a
member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and
resume with subject line "Site Coordinator - PS 194" to
firstname.lastname@example.org or to: Flatbush YMCA--
Attn: Calena Johnson
1401 Flatbush Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER --- DRUGFREE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to
individuals with disabilities Continue searching for more
opportunities Employment Type - Any - Job Category - Any - Borough
- Any - Branch - Any - After School Jobs Help us keep NYC kids
safe, healthy, and on track for success this school year! Looking
for more than just a job? See why working at the Y is different. We
believe strong communities start with strong, healthy and connected
Keywords: New York City's YMCA, New York , Site Coordinator, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!