Senior Group Consultant
Company: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Kansas, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Develop prospects, sell, and enroll new groups. Provide employee
benefit consultative services to prospective and existing clients.
Develop strategies for overcoming commercial competition. Assists
in developing marketing strategies for new product offerings.
**Position will be located in either Topeka or Lawrence office.Are
you ready to make a difference? Choose to work for one of the most
trusted companies in Kansas. Essential Functions
- Keep marketplace informed about Blue Cross and Blue Shield of
- Complete enrollment of a prospect by executing contracts and
enrollment material, educate group leader and employees
- Provide timely follow-up and thorough service to all clients
and all company personnel.
- When appropriate, recommend benefit changes and/or new product
sales to meet the needs of our clients.
- Required to interpret system and contract issues on
non-standard benefit groups.
- Overcome jeopardy situations with analysis and knowledge of
- Provide ongoing education to keep our clients informed about
- Must be available for early morning or evening hours
activities. Qualifications One of either of the degree or previous
sales experience is required. Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree preferred. Or, requires 4 years extensive
direct sales experience.--
- Must acquire a State of Kansas Insurance Agents License within
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires the ability to acquire a thorough knowledge of all
product lines, contracts and subsidiary products.
- Requires ability to make oral presentations.
- Requires ability to develop written proposals and
- Maintain professional appearance reflecting a positive image of
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas.
- Requires the ability to acquire the knowledge of federal and
state mandated laws and explain when appropriate.
- Requires ability to acquire the knowledge and explain alternate
funding arrangements, rating practices and retention formulas.
- Must be able to acquire and communicate, at a high degree of
understanding, knowledge regarding institutional, professional
provider and pharmacy benefit manager economics and practices.
- Requires a minimum of 75% travel within assigned area of
- Must have and maintain a valid Driving License and a driving
record that qualifies for the company automobile insurance.
- Overnight travel could be required in order to complete tasks.
Number of nights would depend on size of territory.--
- Required to sign a non-compete agreement. Compensation Salary
Min $103,679 Mid $129,599 Posting Close Date February 21, 2021 Pay
Rate Type Salary Posted 9 Days Ago Full time R2021051 About Us For
more than 70 years, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas has built
a reputation of trust. As we move forward in this new era of health
care we want to continue that tradition. Whether a member needs
Blue Cross to cover an annual check-up or give them peace of mind
during a major medical crisis, we want our members to know they can
trust BCBSKS to meet their needs. Our mission: Being the insurer
Kansans trust with their health. ***Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/Disabled*** ***Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas
invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company's
written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for
inspection upon request by contacting the EEO Office at
Keywords: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Kansas, Inc., New York , Senior Group Consultant, Professions , Lawrence, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!