Shipping and Inventory Lead
Posted on: February 25, 2021
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives
back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to
achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to
reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery's
purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of
cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce
that's defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite
resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our
proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified,
agile food system that's focused on flavor, freshness, and safety.
At Bowery, we're farming efficiently so we can feed effectively,
democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities. About
The Role: Bowery Farming is seeking a Receiving Clerk and Inventory
Clerk to join the Farm Operations team. This role will oversee day
to day duties required to manage the Receiving Dock and Inventory
replenishment at Bowery's vertical farm in Kearny, NJ. This person
will work closely with other members of Farm Operations, Facilities
Maintenance, and Supply Chain teams. What You'll Do:
- Accept and signs for deliveries.
- Assist in unloading shipments from delivery truck.--
- Uses pallet jacks to transport shipments from loading dock and
- Open boxes and inspect content of shipments.
- Verifies shipping invoice to ensure all items are accounted
- Maintains records of all received shipments.
- Stores, restocks, and shelves delivery items.
- Ensures area organization, cleanliness, and assists with trash
- Conducts inventory of products, and logs data into inventory
- Conduct inventory audits and cycle counts to ensure inventory
- Communicate inventory delays or concerns with appropriate
urgency to key stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve supply shortfalls by identifying missed
- Complete order prep up for outbound shipping truck
- Retrieve and organize packaged product based on each customers'
order to be shipped the following day.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned. Who You Are:
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to act like an owner and take on responsibility.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Exhibits ability to use inventory software efficiently.
- Possesses basic math skills.
- Works well with a team. Communicates clearly and
- Manages time efficiently.
- Demonstrates awareness of proper warehouse and factory safety
procedures. Bowery's headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have
two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research &
Development, the other services retailers and community partners in
the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham,
Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products
are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market,
Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with
online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and
restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the
company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors,
including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst,
GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some
of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of
Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and Jos-- Andres.
Keywords: Lever, New York , Shipping and Inventory Lead, Professions , Kearny, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!