Credit Analyst (Sr.) - Commercial Real Estate
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong
institutional values while providing broad financial services
within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean. We strive
to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer
service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong
partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore
Popular--- Our bottom line is you. We are looking for a senior
Commercial Real Estate credit analyst to join our Commercial
Banking Team in New York, NY. In this position you will be
responsible for the support of quality loan origination and the
full assessment of CRE credits associated with Multifamily
Residential Mortgages, Mixed-Use Mortgages, Commercial Mortgages
and Construction Loans.--
-- In this position, you will:
- Perform thorough evaluations on various types of commercial
real estate of varying sizes, but mainly on assets greater than
$5MM with most between $5MM to $20MM.
- Work with Relationship Managers to resolve property/borrower
issues that arise during the underwriting process.
- Utilize financial models for real estate transactions and
analyze the ratios and values produced by the models for
preparation of credit approval memorandums.
- Conduct reviews of third-party reports including appraisals
completed by third-party appraisers and Environmental reports.
Review appraisals for accuracy and communicate with the bank's
in-house appraiser (in charge of the bank's appraisal process) to
resolve deficiencies on the report with third-party
- Analyze loans relative to the loan structure, cash flow
(historical and projected), rent rolls and leases, collateral,
market/neighborhood, guarantor, and overall strengths and
weaknesses of the deal. For construction loans, analyze the
Development Project, Developer's experience, Construction Budget
and Engineer's Plan and Cost Report, among others.
- Provide opinions as to the creditworthiness of the Borrower and
assess the Borrower's appropriate risk rating based on the bank's
- Prepare well-organized, thorough, and concise written credit
memorandums on new loans, renewals, extension, and modifications
- Participate in weekly Credit Pipeline meeting to provide status
on assigned deals.
- Assist in portfolio management activities such as completing
Annual Financial Updates and Loan Management Reports on existing
- Perform other underwriting related activities as directed by
the Senior Credit Officer including screening new deals, among
To be considered, you will need:
- Minimum 5-7 years of current experience in Commercial Real
Estate Underwriting required. Construction underwriting experience
a plus. C&I experience (with owner-occupied Real Estate) a
Computer literate; fluency in Microsoft Office programs,
particularly Excel analysis required.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective report writing and other written communication
- Detailed-oriented and organized.
- Ability to solve problems, make decisions, juggle underwriting
of multiple deals, prioritize tasks, and meet required
- Ability to highlight loan risks or any problems or questions
during the deal underwriting phase and prior to finalizing the
- Ability to make decisions quickly and confidently based upon
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Clear verbal communication with internal customers as well as
external customers and third-party participants (as needed).
- Ab i lity to establish and mainta i n effective work relat i
onsh i ps both i nternally and externally. Please consider joining
our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to
check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
To learn more about Popular, visit our website at
Connect with us!
Keywords: Popular, New York , Credit Analyst (Sr.) - Commercial Real Estate, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!