Business Information Consultant
Company: Anthem, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Welcome to the Anthem Careers site! We have been hard at work to
improve our job search and application systems to better serve you.
It is now easier to find and apply for relevant jobs as well as
stay connected with Anthem. Here are a few of the updates you may
- No more profiles! We no longer require you to create a log in
and password to apply for a job and you won't be able to access
previously created profiles, but don't worry - we still have your
previous application(s) on file and you can still track your status
by clicking on the "Track Your Job Application Status" button.
- Job Alerts - If you had previously registered to receive job
alerts and wish to continue to receive these notifications, please
re-register by clicking the "job alert" button.
- NEW! Didn't find a job that is right for you? Join a Talent
Network to stay informed on news and job opportunities with the
Anthem Team! It is important that you apply using an email address
which is unique to you and not shared with a friend, relative,
spouse, or significant other. Our recruiting system uses your email
address as your unique identifier. If you apply with a shared email
address, your application will overwrite any previous applicant
record with the same email address. Additionally, please ensure
that you use a valid email address, free from typos, as there are a
variety of communications which may be sent to the email address
with which you apply Business Information Consultant Location:
Job Family: Reporting & Data Analysis
Req #: PS44307
Date Posted: Feb 2, 2021 Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc.,
it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're
creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for
our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and
together we will drive the future of health care. This is an
exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to
you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits
companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. Business Information
Consultant This position can be located in Richmond, VA or Mason,
OH The Business Information Consultant is responsible for serving
as an expert in data analysis, reporting and formulating
recommendations and providing guidance to other data analysts.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and maintains databases to track business
- Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary
- Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for
claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides
notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any
necessary ad hoc reports.
- May require taking business issue and devising best way to
develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will
translate business requirements into usable decision support
- May make recommendations based upon data analysis.
- Provides analytic consultation to other business areas,
leadership or external customers.
- Data analysis and reporting encompasses a much higher level of
complexity. Department Specific Responsibilities
- Managing Standard Business Definition: Recognizing key business
terms for resolution and uniform definition, confirming compliance
with naming standards and naming conventions.
- Managing metadata: Develop and approve data definitions,
business naming standards, aliases, and authenticating information
about the mappings, attributes standard entities, definitions,
reference domains, data domains, and code mappings.
- Data Maintenance: Maintaining scheduled updates and ensure data
aging and retention are relevant in the context of data.
- Overseeing data quality: To develop and maintain data quality
rules to ensure completeness and consistency of data within each
- Validating data: This includes data validation at the point of
entry into the business application environment to ensure data
provider is complying with the data quality expectations.
- Managing sources: This involves managing the sources of
reference data, whether these are external data providers or
internal data providers.
- Managing the data life cycle: it is the responsibility of the
business info consultant to resolve any issues emerge regarding the
use or availability of data over the data lifetime. Qualifications
- Requires a BS/BA degree in related field; minimum of 7 years'
experience; or any combination of education and experience, which
would provide an equivalent background.
- Must have strong data lineage experience. Cloud Data Lake
experience is plus.
- Must have experience with Data Hygiene tools, Stitching and
Consumer Identity Graph.
- Extensive experience working in Enterprise Information Systems
with a strategic focus. Ability to assimilate and analyze
information from a wide variety of source efficiently and
- Strong Interpersonal, excellent verbal, presentation and
written communication skills and experience communicating with
Marketing and IT Community.
- Experience in conducting analysis of effectiveness data through
qualitative and quantitative analysis of utilization, healthcare
costs and program outcomes.
- Experience with governance, controls, process, and standards
and change management for marketing communication and insight.
- Must be organized, flexible and able to manage multiple
- Experience with SQL tools, Cloud databases (PostgreSQL,
Redshift, Snowflake), MS office and JIRA.
- Ability to succeed as both an individual contributor and team
member, identify and address client needs, and contribute to a
positive working environment by building solid relationship with
team members, and proactively seeking guidance, clarification and
- Preferred experience with Enterprise Marketing B2B and B2C
- A background in the healthcare industry or related industry
experience is plus. Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most
Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has
been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn
more about our company and apply, please visit us at
careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity
Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of
services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural
competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies
that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is
not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a
party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes,
including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the
property of Anthem. EEO is the Law Please use the links below to
review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal
law for job applicants and employees. Anthem, Inc. is committed to
helping individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce
and ensuring equal opportunity to apply and compete for jobs. If
you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete the application process, please email
Human Resources at email@example.com for further assistance.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that solicit interviews
or promote work-at-home opportunities, some of which may pose as
legitimate companies. Please be advised that Anthem will never ask
you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of
payment as part of consideration for employment with our company.
If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this,
please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission here by
selecting the 'Rip-offs and Imposter Scams' option. Anthem requires
a completed online application for consideration of employment for
Keywords: Anthem, Inc., New York , Business Information Consultant, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!