MEP Engineer/ System Project Manager
Location: New York
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013
by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the
aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they
developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution
of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in
any available space and fulfilling any market demand. Today, with
cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading
multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network
helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production
while significantly improving the safety, quality, and
environmental footprint of our food. Be part of the Infarm
(r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that
brings farming to the people. As MEP Engineer / Systems Project
Manager, you will manage, design, assess, and validate information
related to building Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Fire
Protection systems necessary to construct projects on time in a
safe manner, within budget, and to the quality specified by the
contract documents. You will be the source of technical
guidance/leadership for all MEP related topics in order to execute
Infarm's projects, including planning, design, and coordination
with external consultants, contractors, subcontractors, vendors,
owner's representatives, etc. in order to ensure optimal alignment
and efficient systems installation. You will work closely with
other internal teams such as Hardware Engineering and Installation
to develop different MEP solutions for our farming systems. You
appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are
- Prepare and manage the planning of all MEP systems on different
execution projects, including coordination with all related project
participants and external consultants.
- Develop MEP standards for use in North America, with the intent
of applying these standards to specific projects
- Produce design development deliverables in Revit for
coordination with external engineering consultants
- Prepare and manage the contract item's list for all related
components, materials, and systems to ensure that all ROJ dates are
in compliance with the project schedule with the appropriate
- Facilitate communication with vendors for procurement of
building systems components
- Participate in schedule update meetings and provide the latest
information for an informed and accurate schedule.
- Build and control the budget including review, evaluation, and
negotiation of all change orders with understanding of the
financial status of all subcontractors.
- Prepare scope of work documents with a division of
responsibility for trades and specific scopes of work for temporary
- Ensure overall installation is in compliance with applicable
codes, the design requirements, operations and maintenance
fundamentals, and quality standards.
- Identify and inform the management team of difficult
installation requirements in sufficient time to allow for proper
planning and execution.
- Monitor the installation of services on site.
- Conduct regular project walkthroughs to ensure that work is
proceeding in accordance with the contract documents, coordination
drawings, and approved submittals.
- Lead the overall turnover process including start-up, testing,
commissioning and closeout.
- Coordinate with internal partners to ensure that all building
services meet health and safety requirements and environmental
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or
- P.E. license preferred
- Minimum 7 years of working experience of relevant professional
experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and
/ or experience relating to mechanical and electrical systems.
- Technical expertise and understanding of complex HVAC Systems,
electrical systems and plumbing and how they interrelate with each
- Business acumen to plan, manage, and execute all the essential
duties with excellent verbal and written communication skills,
organizational ability, and technical knowledge
- Experience in taking projects from start to completion
including all planning and execution phases.
- Experience in typical project management activities including
timeline and budget control.
- Experience in tendering processes guidance and site management
supervision done by external consultants.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of building laws, city
approvals processes and code compliance testing.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Fluency in Autodesk Revit is preferred.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States on a full-time basis
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record and ability to
drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car What
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe
and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the
business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated,
talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental
and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching
- Fresh herbs to take home How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description
first and also check out our website and media in order to get an
introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our
platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn
direct messaging We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where
everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and
circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the
uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee's
distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us
build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and
create great things together. Infarm is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse
workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on
the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or
national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any
other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or
federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives
for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment
of any kind. Your health and ours are very important to us! In
times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our
application process so we can continue to be there for our
applicants. Stay healthy! To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does
not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Updated: 4
days ago Job ID: 2042523 About infarm We are the new farmers and
the city is our farm. Enter your info below to get a link to this
Keywords: infarm, New York , MEP Engineer/ System Project Manager, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!