Lead Institutional Research Analyst
Company: Montclair State University
Posted on: April 11, 2021
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Upload Resume or Curriculum Vitae for automatic population of
information to the application.
- The contact information, work experience, and education listed
on your Resume/CV will be parsed and input into your Montclair
- Review information and double-check all fields containing
information that the system parsed - the software is intelligent,
but you need to verify that the data is accurate.
- In the "My Experience" section, you will find a Resume/CV
upload option where you can submit your cover letter and all other
supporting documents. Note: If you have an expansive CV, we
recommend that you apply manually and only include the positions
you have held in the last ten (10) years . You will then be able to
attach your Resume/CV, as well as all other supporting
documentation in the "My Experience" section of your
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research and
Effectiveness, the Lead Institutional Research Analyst ensures that
accurate, timely, and comprehensive institutional information and
data are available to meet the University's operating, planning,
analytic and compliance reporting needs, and plays the lead role in
special data analysis studies and initiatives. The Lead
Institutional Research Analyst will also participate in preparation
of the University's external reporting of data for public
information purposes and for compliance reporting to Federal and
State agencies as well as to accrediting and program review
entities.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead special analyses and research studies in support of the
University's strategic planning, management, program review, and
- Perform analyses of institutional and external data to set
strategies, assess performance against goals, and benchmark other
- Extract, verify and manipulate complex data sets, perform
statistical analysis of data, interpret results, and organize
insights into meaningful reports that can be acted upon for
internal and external constituencies.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of centralized
and comprehensive institutional research databases and reporting
- Provide support for survey design, sample selection,
questionnaire development, implementation and interpretation of
results as needed by University constituencies.
- Support and advise senior management and faculty in activities
such as market research, enrollment projections, retention
analysis, survey development, program assessment, and
- Periodically report on key University performance indicators
and track performance over time.
- Produce periodic environmental scans for planning and
comparative benchmarking studies.
- Provide statistical and supportive information for executive
and managerial policy formulation.
- Assist in preparation and submission of compliance reports
containing institutional data for Federal (e.g., IPEDS) and State
(e.g., New Jersey Commission on Higher Education) agencies, and
accrediting bodies (e.g., Middle States Commission on Higher
Education, NCAA, NCATE, etc.).
- Oversee a University-wide process to demonstrate institutional
effectiveness as required for continued accreditation by the Middle
States Commission on Higher Education.
- Provide data to University faculty and staff to support
proposals for external funding.
- Provide analytic advice and assistance to administrative and
academic units engaged in assessment and program evaluation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any
- Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher
learning in a field of study related to the responsibilities of the
- A minimum of 3 years Institutional Research/Institutional
Effectiveness experience in a higher education environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of survey design and administration
experience in a higher education environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Banner, Workday, and/or
comparable higher education administrative systems.
- Advanced ability to analyze and manipulate data within a
complex data environment using appropriate technologies.
- Ability to work with all levels of the university
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution of higher
learning in a field of study related to the responsibilities of the
- Graduate-level training in research methods, survey research,
and advanced statistical analysis.
- Experience in development, review, and measurement of program
and student learning outcomes assessment consistent with the
expectations of the Middle States Commission on Higher
- Experience with strategic planning and the development and
monitoring of strategic key performance indicators.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in data analytics and
- Experience delivering analyses using Tableau or similar
- Experience with large databases and quantitative analytical
tools, including any of the following SQL, SPSS, SAS, R or
- Experience with predictive analytics.
- Experience with text analytics. PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
Applicants should include a resume and cover letter describing how
their background, skills and education match the needs of the
University. When applying, please take a moment to carefully read
and follow the steps in the application instructions.
DepartmentInstitutional Research and EffectivenessPosition
TypeAdministrativeContact Information: For questions or concerns,
please contact Human Resources' Workday Recruiting Support at
973-655-5000 (Option 2), or email talent @montclair.edu .EEO/AA
Statement Montclair State University is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment
to diversity. Additional information can be found on the website
Title IX and 34 C.F.R. 106 Policy Montclair State is required by
Title IX and 34 C.F.R. 106 not to discriminate on the basis of sex
or gender, and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or gender
in the operation of education programs and activities. The
requirement to not discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in
the operation of education programs and activities extends to
admission and employment. For further details, please visit:
https://www.montclair.edu/human-resources/job-seekers/ Posted 3
Days Ago Full time R1001488 About Us With a proud history and a
vibrant future, Montclair State University is one of New Jersey's
most diverse and dynamic institutions of higher education. One of
four public research institutions in the state, and the second
largest, Montclair State is a designated R2 Doctoral Research
University by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher
Education. Located 12 miles west of New York City on a 252-acre
suburban campus which boasts modern, state-of-the-art facilities
complemented by green spaces, public plazas and striking Spanish
Mission architecture, and a spectacular view of the New York City
skyline. The University offers a comprehensive range of
undergraduate and graduate programs through 11 colleges and
schools. With a student body of 21,000 undergraduate and graduate
students from 22 states and 13 countries, the University has an
expansive campus life with on-campus residential capacity of 5,300,
more than 120 student organizations, and 18 NCAA Division III
athletic teams. The dynamic diversity of the University's community
has been acknowledged by the U.S. Department of Education through
its recognition of Montclair State as a Hispanic-Serving
Institution (HSI), and by Diverse Issues in Higher Education as a
"Top Degree Producer" among institutions that confer the most
degrees to minority students. Montclair State University is proud
to be committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity
and does not discriminate in its recruitment and employment
practices. The University is an inclusive, richly diverse community
that fosters mutual respect, tolerance and understanding among all
students and employees.
Keywords: Montclair State University, New York , Lead Institutional Research Analyst, Professions , Montclair, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!