Company: Plastic Express
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Come join a winning Team! Since 1970 Plastic Express has met the
bulk trucking, bulk terminal, packaging, and warehousing needs of
the plastics industry. Our strategic locations, modern systems, and
dedicated employees allow us to provide custom tailored logistical
solutions to fulfill the most challenging needs of our customers.
Plastic Express operates from 15 warehouse locations and 37 rail
terminals across the US. At many of the Plastic Express sites, we
also handle some Non-plastic commodities, which include; paper
rolls, steel, building materials and other dry bulk materials.
Plastic Express owns and operates roughly 130 trucks, with
approximately 200 trailers performing full bulk truck distribution
business. Plastic Express is headquartered in City of Industry, CA
and has over 300 employees nationwide. Our goal has always been to
exceed our customer's expectations, and our can do-attitude is what
differentiates us from the competition.
Plastic Express employees have always been our key to success and
total customer satisfaction. We are always looking for dependable &
talented business professionals that will help us to grow and to
continue our Can-Do tradition.
With reporting responsibilities to the Warehouse Manager, this
position is directly responsible for the day to day dock
activities, document preparations and filing. May be required to
understand customer pricing and when asked must accurately update
transactions in the computer database. This position will have
daily interaction with the Plastic Express warehouse employees,
company and non-company drivers, dispatchers and associates,
shipping companies, company vendors and support staff. The
Warehouse Coordinator will work closely with and provide prompt
feedback to: Sales and Marketing, Accounting, Human Resources and
Company Management. During the course of business the Warehouse
Coordinator is not to share any confidential information with
anyone other than their direct Manager or Executive of Plastic
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintaining warehouse shipping, receiving, and delivery
- Maintain and replenish essential office supplies.
- Maintain UPS system and prepare end of day reports.
- Answer phones, forward calls and take messages.
- Research information when needed.
- Maintain inventory by checking for any discrepancies.
- Enter location changes provided by warehouse attendants.
- Coordinate sample requests and repacks.
- Preform cycle counts on customer's inventory.
- Assist in customer yearly inventories.
- Monitor "Open Order" & "No Location" screens to make sure all
orders are being updated.
- Maintain supply inventory report of essential dunnage materials
and/or packaging supplies.
- Assist the Department Managers with special assignments
- Maintain and monitor delivery appointment log on Plastic
Express data base.
- Notify customer of late truck arrivals and inform/ get approval
for OT charges.
- Maintain an accurate driver's sign in log and make sure drivers
are signing in and out with arrival and departure times.
- Match and check receivers with documents brought in by company
drivers and delivering carriers.
- Input material counts into system and issue a receiving
document and labels to receiving attendant.
- Notify CSR & Management immediately concerning shortages or
damaged material. Provide photos of damaged material to customer if
- Check freight after labeling to ensure product is labeled
- Track daily all receiving activities on the open order report
are completed and updated properly.
- Work with other company team members to arrange receiving
appointments and pick-up schedules with carriers and port terminal
- Notify Warehouse Management of any discrepancies.
- Monitor and maintain the Open Order Report in the Warehouse
- Review customer orders against shipping requests and insure
100% accuracy of our work instructions that are being issued for
- Contact CSR with any questions on orders.
- Prepare bill of lading; pick slip, packing slip and address
labels if required.
- Match customers provided documents to Pick Slip and BOL.
- Issues pick slip, packing slip, and required labels to
- Receive pick slip back from warehouse, check for discrepancies
and attach to bill of lading and stage in carriers holding
- Documents any extra services on picking slip that are forwarded
to the CSR for customer billing.
- Issue bill of lading to carrier for signature.
- Scan sign BOL to customer or CSR.
- Provide photos if necessary to customers on freight loaded on
- Arrange shipments of material.
- Assist Warehouse Manager and Operations Manager with special
- Notify Warehouse Management of any discrepancies.
Qualifications And Skills
- Minimum education required is a high school diploma or
- Must have the ability to think independently and ensure others,
including non-company employees are following safety and
- Must be computer proficient in a Windows environment.
- Interpersonal, communications and organizational skills are
- Strong proofreading abilities are required.
- Must be multi-task oriented with the ability to handle many
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends when
- Must work well in a team environment and provide leadership and
support to the fellow staff, customers, vendors and any other
individuals or representatives doing business with Plastic Express
at all times.
- Must be customer focused and communicate respectfully to
customers, vendors, visitors and friends of the company at all
- SAP experience preferred
- WMS/TMS experience preferred
Benefits And Perks
- Family health benefit packages
- Vacation pay after a year
- Holiday pay
- Company matching 401k retirement program, after a year
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Plastic Express, New York , Warehouse Coordinator, Professions , Edison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!