Location: New York
Posted on: November 22, 2021
BDG architecture + design is a team of architects, designers and
creative thinkers. We are listeners and communicators,
collaborators and solution seekers. We believe that architecture is
most successful when it is able to connect people and spaces. Our
role is to help make those connections. That's why we focus on
finding the best solution for each client.
With our unique process of analyzing and understanding space, along
with the requirements of the user, we are able to bring together
architectural, interior design and workplace expertise to provide a
strategic and cohesive service for all projects. We recognize that
buildings are foremost about people, and understand that our role
as architects and designers allows us to deliver creative and
stimulating spaces that provide better environments for people to
We are also part of WPP, a creative transformation company who
bring together over 130,000 brilliant people worldwide, across 112
countries to build better futures for our clients, with an
unrivalled blend of expertise in communications, experience,
commerce and technology.
- Experience large & mid-size corporate interior architecture,
planning & workspace projects from workplace strategy, planning,
concept through to completion.
- Solve unique & complex problems and recognize opportunities.
Ability to provide vision & critical thinking skills, prioritize
and lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and execute workplace
program from concept to design.
- Strong understanding and ability to ensure design execution and
delivery with quality control.
- The capability of working with a team, delegating tasks and
providing support to other designers.
- Support the Technical and Design Lead in client and consultant
meetings, represent the firm in their absence, go on-site meetings,
and liaise with consultants.
- Direct and organize work tasks to collaborate with Project
Manager / Project Designer / Intermediate/PA and Junior team
- Demonstrate experience & profound knowledge of design and
construction methodology with the consistency of delivery execution
- Review construction budget and steer the development of
documents to meet client budget goals.
- Direct development of working drawing sets through all design
phases and oversee the project team's work using Revit and
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems,
sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Assists the Specification Writer in product research,
consulting with manufacturers, evaluating and selecting project
Preferred qualifications, skills and attitudes
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of taking projects from
concept to completion and Strong problem-solving and
- Good time-management skills to meet multiple deadlines and
- Experience in FF&E selection, coordination and
- Experience coordinating design with other consultants.
- Confident client handling and presentation skills.
- Experience in construction and bespoke detailing.
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional attention to
- Fluent in English - verbal and written.
- Having working knowledge of Building Systems, USA
Regulations/Code and construction methods.
- Proficient using Revit, SketchUp, Blue Beam, Adobe Creative
Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Registered Architect with current license preferred.
On joining BDG you can expect to be competitively rewarded for your
hard work. You will also be entitled to a wide range of benefits to
support your needs and lifestyle, including:
- 20 days paid vacation days per year
- National paid holidays including: New Year's Day, Martin Luther
King Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor
Day, Thanksgiving Day & following day, and Christmas Day
- 5 paid sick days per year
- Medical Insurance including Dental & Vision (25% paid by
employee pre-tax contributions)
- Pension/401k match by employer up to 3% of employee
- Life Assurance (1.5 x Salary)
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)- $40 per month
- WPP Ownership Scheme (after 2yrs employment)
- Wellness Benefits
- Discounted Gym Membership
- WPP discount schemes
- Leave of absence options
- Parental/ maternity benefit after 12 month employment
- A company provided laptop
- Reimbursement for continuing education and certification
programs such as NCIDQ, LEED, WELL
and many more...
So What Now?
If you think you've got what it takes please apply through this
portal, we will require your CV and a cover letter, along with your
portfolio if relevant.
You should be eligible to work in the US.
BDG very much regret that due to the number of applications we
receive, we are unable to respond to every application. If you do
not hear from us within 4 weeks you should assume that you have
been unsuccessful on this occasion.
BDG is an equal opportunities employer and we will keep your CV on
file for up to 12 months, by applying for the role you are agreeing
Apply for This Job
Keywords: Bdg, New York , Project Architect, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!