Construction Site Supervisor
Company: Biltmore General Contractors
Location: New York
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Biltmore General Contractors, Inc.Biltmore General Contractors,
Inc. is accepting applications for the position of Construction
Site Superintendent with NYC Site Super Registration and OSHA
required training for construction projects in New York
City.POSITION EXPECTATIONS---MUST HAVE SITE SUPERVISION LICENSE
- This position is responsible for coordinating and managing all
necessary resources throughout the entire construction project from
biding, contract administration, start-up through closeout and will
be responsible for ensuring that the owner's expectations and
budgetary guidelines are met for projects.
- The Site Superintendent's primary responsibilities include
solving unexpected events, maintaining general performance and
overall progress of the project.
- Expert knowledge of architectural drawings; for all phases of
interior and exterior construction.
- Ability to communicate with governmental authorities,
including: obtaining inspections, including assisting in the time
it takes to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Ability to create, approve, and disapprove subcontractor and
material change orders.
- Ability to evaluate, implement and communicate the necessity
for the highest construction quality standards.
- Ability to physically be hands on if required to take
deliveries and maintain site conditions.
- Ability to understand and implement a safety program conforming
to OSHA requirements.
- Ability to use a computer and software; including accessing the
internet to the home office server.
- Plan and direct all site operations to meet quality standards
and scheduling requirements.
- Be an active and effective leader of the jobsite construction
- Represent the company to the owner, architect, subcontractors,
vendors and government authorities.Quality Assurance - Maintain job
quality. Communicate with subcontractors required quality
standards. Inspect materials arriving on job sites. Verify count
and quality and reject material not conformingfinancial management
- Obtain bids. Monitor actual vs. budgeted costs.Maintain a Clean
Job Site at All Times- Maintain a clean and organized job site. Job
site should be cleaned of waste debris on a daily basis. Enforce
provision in subcontractors agreements that mandate all workers
clean up waste debris after each working day.Safety Program - Help
police General Contractor's safety program and verify safety
program of subcontractors.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Projects in city buildings 4 to 5 story walkup with scaffolding
or interior steps
- Climbing stairs, usually more than one flight, or ladders must
be done on a regular basis.
- Lifting or maneuvering heavy objects. Appliances, furniture,
etc are required to be hoisted into the building and set in place.
Twisting, bending and lifting with the legs, arms and back will be
required.The successful Site Superintendent needs excellent
business judgment, a strong work ethic, demonstrate a sense of
urgency, be organized and detail oriented, self-motivated, have
outstanding problem solving skills, be team players, have excellent
communication and diplomatic skills along with an ability to handle
and resolve conflict in a fair but firm mannerEDUCATION AND
- Four year construction related degree. Preferred Engineering
Degree (Not Mandatory)
- Minimum 5 years as Site Superintendent running large-scale
- SCA (School Construction Authority) Experience is a +PLUS
- Experience with MS Office Suite Programs
- NYC Site Super Registration
- OSHA Required Training (30hrs+)BENEFITSWe offer an excellent
benefits packageAbout Biltmore General Contractors: Biltmore
originally started as a general contractor in the private sector
throughout New York City. After much success doing so, we began
bidding on public works projects for various agencies and continue
to build a portfolio with successful projects and satisfied
clients. Biltmore General Contractors' team is staffed with several
decades of combined construction management experience. Our vision
has always been to provide exceptional construction services in a
socially responsible manner. We strive to maintain excellent
quality work. We have diverse experience in various Public Works
projects. Our client list includes such agencies as the New York
City Department of Education, School Construction Authority of New
York, Dormitory Authority of the State of New York, the Department
of Design and Construction, Health and Hospitals Corp, and the New
York City Housing Authority. Our team of expert in-house project
managers, estimators and tradesmen ensures any project's success.
Biltmore has an extensive subcontractor list that we work with
which includes, MBE/WBE Certified Subcontractors and both Union and
Non-Union companies. Biltmore General Contractors is always looking
ahead to the future and making sure that every project meets the
goals of our clients. We are always looking for new qualified
subcontractors both large and small to join our team.Experience:
- Construction: 4 years (Required)
Keywords: Biltmore General Contractors, New York , Construction Site Supervisor, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!