Senior Consultant, Managed Review - Technology
Company: FTI Consulting, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: November 23, 2021
ABOUT THE ROLE:This position is a part of FTI Consulting's
Acuity team which includes supporting, coordinating, managing and
participating in document reviews at the direction of FTI clients.
As part of their role, this position will utilize various
platforms. Deep knowledge of Relativity and familiarity with Nuix
Discovery is preferred.The Review Manager is responsible for
simultaneously managing multiple client matters as well as
developing and initiating new relationship with existing and
prospective clients. The Review Manager should be able to provide
high level substantive review workflow and review strategy advice
to clients. The person in this role should be able to solely manage
reviews, and review workflows. They will be responsible for matters
from developing the initial proposal to collection of the final
bill. Other responsibilities are to provide: input for general
management, including scheduling, resource allocation, revenue
projections and operational process and procedures.What You'll
- Guide and manage reviews. Set review workflow and strategy, run
review and manage client relationship from beginning to end of
project and beyond project scope.
- Create and monitor timelines for completion of various phases
- Supervise review teams.
- Work closely with operations and human resources team to
on-board and off-board reviewers.
- Assist sales team and consultants in Acuity sales pursuits,
generate own Acuity up-selling to existing clients. Be instrumental
through the entire process from opportunity identification, to
proposal preparation, to consultative sale, to closing of
- Develop initial budget with the team for each case and ensure
adherence to that budget
- Work closely with the client, the FTI service delivery team,
and project review team to ensure that lines of communication
between all project participants are established and maintained
during the course of the engagement and that a mutual understanding
of the scope of work and related costs exists between both
- Coordinate, counsel, and manage project review team to ensure
the accuracy and throughput of the document review. Manage several
- Set up, supervise and complete a privilege log with attorney
team. Monitor review speeds and progress on a regular basis and
implement and oversee a quality control protocol.
- Interview and build project review teams, with focus on
developing go-to regional and substantive reviewers for use on a
variety of projects.
- Train and guide team leads and review teams.
- Provide detailed substantive review support for the client and
project review team on the use of review tools both on site, at
client locations and remotely.
- Communicate with client and/or outside counsel to scope
substantive parameters of the project, select proper review tool
and repository, and estimate project timelines and budgets.
- Be able to suggest appropriate uses and review workflows,
including the ability to integrate quality control workflows
involving the client and senior project reviewers.
- Build and foster relationships with client contacts.
- Define the scope of work to include a list of deliverables and
deadlines. Oversee progress of work to ensure delivery of all work
product within established timeframes and standards of
- Manage expenditures within budget estimates. Work with project
manager to maintain communication with client and project team
regarding changes to proposed work and budget.
- Ensure inputs to billing system accurately reflect case status,
revenue projections and authorized budgets.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other
offices and departments in the company. Promote uniformity of
office procedures and consistent high quality of final work
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case
activities. (Minimal notice possible.)BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 3 years' of legal/electronic discovery experience or
document review environment.
- Minimum 3 years' experience supporting document review software
applications, preferably in document-intensive cases is
- Experience interfacing with end-client - either corporation,
outside counsel or both.
- J.D. required.
- B.S. or a B.A. college degree required.
- Must be barred, active and in good standing. Holding an active
bar in the state where the applicant resides and/or is attached to
a physical office is preferred.
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices.
- COVID Vaccine required*PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Flexibility - ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to
handle multiple tasks through prioritization and time management
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Uses technology assisted review to ferret out the most
responsive documents more quickly.
- Speaks/reads a language other than English and has supervised a
foreign language review a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing and working with people in
a team environment.
- Broad knowledge and experience on participating in and managing
wide variety of document reviews.
- Antitrust or Foreign Corrupt Practices Act experience is a
- Has supervised a case using predictive coding.
- Strong technical skills.
- Experience with budget development and working with
- Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for
medical or religious reasons should complete a request for
accommodation form by
from the well-structured career path and excellent team
environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insuranceAbout FTI ConsultingWhat makes us unique? With
more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the
globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important
issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will
have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts
in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our
culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition,
development and making a difference in our communities.FTI
Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and
has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting
magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by
Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and
connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and
LinkedIn .FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion,
physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis
protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.#LI-NB1
Keywords: FTI Consulting, Inc., New York , Senior Consultant, Managed Review - Technology, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!