Associate Data Analyst
Company: Visiting Nurse Service of New York
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2022
OverviewProvides reporting and analytical support in the use of
clinical, financial, and operational data in order to ensure that
effective, timely, and accurate information is supplied to internal
and external customers, ensuring all regulatory requirements are
met. Works under general supervision.Responsibilities
- Provides analysis to identify operational trends in efficiency,
turnaround times, utilization patterns, productivity, etc.,
including recommendations for improving specific performance
- Participates in design and testing of new or enhanced systems
and workflows. Gathers requirements from stakeholder units and
performs systems analysis.
- Performs root cause analysis to identify gaps in current
workflows; meets with management to establish priorities and
- Assesses workflow, data management and other operational
issues; makes recommendations for new systems or related
- Develops a strong understanding of business process changes map
to data stored within database systems and ensures that this
knowledge is disseminated to team members and other data
- Promotes efforts to improve access to information and the
ability of business staff at all levels to use data to generate
change and improvements. Utilizes the most effective technology to
distribute findings and disseminate information.
- Ensures presentation of metrics and data is consistently
defined, formatted, and labeled across end-user deliverables and
- Coordinates and performs data quality exploration and
validation on new data sources.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
required.For Authorization Team Only:
- Designs queries, collects raw data from disparate sources and
database systems, and provides analysis to identify operational
trends in efficiency, turnaround times, utilization patterns,
- Gathers requirements from management, tests new or enhanced
systems and workflows, and develops support documentation to meet
new operational needs, as necessary.
- Uses mathematical and analytical methods to assess efficiency
of departmental processes; investigates workflow, data management
and other operational issues; identifies and solves problems; and
makes recommendations for new systems or related procedures.
- Collects and analyzes data from full failure and reconciliation
reports. Ensures deliverables are completed on time; responds to
changing project circumstances and communicates issues to
- Assists department management with database and department
reports. Conducts operations review and analysis of processes and
procedures, issues report of findings, and implements approved
changes as required.
- Assists department management with the preparation of
correspondence, data and drafting materials for presentations,
reports, etc. Inputs, retrieves, compiles and formats
information/data and prepares/develops and maintains statistical
reports, using appropriate word processing software, and
spreadsheet software, as necessary.
- Produces scheduled and ad hoc reports for distribution to the
management team.For Data Analytics Only:
- Coordinates with Business Intelligence and operations in
reporting on key performance indicators and driving efficiencies
through better data capture and process improvement to support
- Works with the business leads to make process enhancements that
allow for appropriate data capture and defines the requirements for
the business intelligence and analytics teams to build dashboards
for oversight and monitoring.
- Participates in defining the scope of projects, developing
project plans, and ensuring momentum of projects toward stated
goals. Tracks and monitors project work plans, including
objectives, tasks, and time frames, to ensure deliverables are
completed on time. Identifies and responds to changing project
circumstances and communicates issues to project leadership.
- Provides business owners with analytical support for resolution
of data management and business problems.QualificationsEducation:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare
Administration, statistics, mathematics, computer science or social
sciences, or related field of study required. Master's degree in
related field preferred.Experience: Minimum of one year of
progressive work experience in applied health care, consulting,
clinical data analysis, or a related field required. Experience
with the analysis of member/patient-level healthcare data required.
Experience with data extraction and manipulation required. Entry to
intermediate level of proficiency with data modeling and analytics
required. Proficiency with MS Excel functions, including macros,
pivot tables, filtering, and formatting, required. Knowledge of
relational databases and programming experience in SQL required.
Knowledge of home care, community-based service delivery, and
Medicare/Medicaid payment policy preferred. Experience with
statistical software (R, SAS, Python) and business intelligence
applications (Microstrategy, Tableau, R-Shiny) preferred.
Keywords: Visiting Nurse Service of New York, New York , Associate Data Analyst, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!