Field Service Technician - Malta, NY
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering
company with 2020 sales of $27 billion . We live our mission of
making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used
in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to
high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing,
hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers
state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer
expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit www.linde.com .
The Linde Field Service Technician is responsible for the safe,
reliable and efficient operation of two oxygen producing plants in
Malta, NY This is a challenging and rewarding job that requires
sound technical abilities in instrumentation, controls, and
electrical systems with training provided in site-specific
applications. The Plant Technician must demonstrate initiative in
handling issues and be self-motivated.
Field Service Technicians must be dependable. They work with
minimal supervision and must demonstrate initiative. Praxair Field
Service Technicians usually work alone and have primary
responsibility for their assigned plant. Service Technicians must
be available for call-outs for plant operational issues outside of
normal working hours.
Employees in this role operate all aspects of the Praxair air
separation plants, from routine operations to solving production
problems. They maintain compressors, pumps, valves, motors and
related equipment. A technician can start-up, shut down, and
operate the plant. The plant is located at a customer site and is
typically within an hour drive from the home location.
The technician must solve a variety of mechanical, electrical,
instrumentation and process control problems. The technician makes
decisions which require coordination of interrelated tasks. The
employee develops conceptual solutions to moderately difficult,
non-routine issues/problems and provides guidance on technical
leadership of projects.
Field Service Technicians are trained and mentored as they develop
knowledge and skills. The employee is also supported with
supervision, lead technicians, engineers, sales and other technical
staff. Occasionally the technician will travel to locations outside
the assigned area to support other plants and for training.
Location: Malta, NY
- Maintain all Safety, Quality, and Compliance activities at each
- Start up, shutdown, and operate the production processes.
- Perform routine maintenance and calibrations on a variety of
process equipment including centrifugal and reciprocating
compressors, gas analyzers, control systems, electrical systems and
process control valves.
- Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment, electrical
components, and production processes.
- Time management.
- Planning and executing operations and maintenance tasks for
- Purchasing of materials and/or services such as
- Monthly plant billing.
- Documentation, reports, and other administrative duties.
High School Degree required.
Associate's degree in a technical field preferred.
2 - 5 years of Operations experience highly desirable in many of
the following fields:
- Air separation or similar complex process control function
- Instrumentation and control
- General maintenance of industrial equipment
- Compressors and compressor maintenance
- Industrial Mechanical
- Industrial Electrical or Electrician
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Military technical fields
- Engineers, Machinist Mates, Electrician Mates, Gas Turbine
Technicians, Boiler Technicians and Nuclear technicians, among
SKILLS and ABILITIES
Dependable and honest
Safety commitment and compliance with procedures
Organization and time management
Trouble shooting and diagnostics
Maintenance and repairs
Process understanding, process control schematic interpretation
Computers, Microsoft applications, process control computer
systems, maintenance and compliance documentation
Communications, both verbal and written
Quality controls, analyzers
Organization and time management
Planning and project management
In addition to being able to sit, stand, climb, walk, read, talk,
see and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an
individual must be able to do the following additional
- D rive a service (pickup) truck up to 2 or 3 hours per day and
up to 8 hours on occasion.
- Perform office work requiring sitting at the computer and other
administration duties 1 or 2 hours per day.
- Walking on flat or uneven surfaces and in areas of crushed
stone is done on a daily basis.
- Bending, stooping, and working from just above the ground to 6
- Use of stairs and ladders for elevated work.
- Lifting 5 to 15 lb loads is performed daily.
- Lifting 15 to 45 lb loads is done on an intermittent
- Lifting over 45 to 75 lbs is done occasionally.
- Upper body work activities, including using wrenches, hammers,
and similar tools
- Use of power tools such as drills
- Use of fingers/fine manipulation (such as instrumentation
- Normal work week of 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- On call for plant issues during off hours. Provided company
cell phone, laptop, and service truck. Plant performance highly
dictated by employee effort.
Accommodations can be made if reasonable, do not create an undue
hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely
perform the essential job functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Linde, New York , Field Service Technician - Malta, NY, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!