Hardware Technician (1st Shift)
Company: Perfect Placement Group Llc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Information Technology (IT)
Location: Edison NJ
Summary: The Hardware Technician under general direction provides
first level support to end users, as well as hands-on desktop
repairs, upgrades, and maintenance of systems.
Desktop Support Technician is responsible for assisting staff in
Corporate Office and remote locations with technical support of
desktop computers, maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, and
repairing computer systems and computer peripherals. Documents,
maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
Responsible for supporting laptops, desktops, printers and
applications in multi-operating system environment deployed
throughout the company.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to
complete the following essential duties and
- Responsible for performing desktop/laptop repairs and upgrades
- Connect remotely and work with users to walk them through the
- Operating system and application upgrades, hardware upgrades or
repairs, and installing new systems.
- Technical resource for help desk and PC support and
troubleshooting of complex system problems.
- Provide assistance with the creation of new accounts and
editing/termination of existing account, distribution lists,
resetting passwords, etc.
- Help resolve desktop hardware and software issues
- Network administration: address assignment,
- Respond to support issues via phone, e-mail and virtual log
- Determine escalation points for specific issues
- Support other office technology, such as televisions,
projectors, video conference equipment etc.
- Main point of contact for help with Tablet and iPad issues
(i.e. repairs and hardware changes)
- Participate in developing procedures and suggest improvements
to existing procedures
- Troubleshooting mobile devices and tablets
- Respond to requests for assistance in person, over the phone,
via email, and through an internal trouble ticket system.
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or
- High School Education Required.
- College Coursework Preferred.
- 2+ years experience in similar role
- Good understanding of TCP/IP Networking and VPN
- Good working knowledge of common office equipment, printers,
faxes, projectors, and televisions
- Experience using MS Office Suite of programs
- In-depth understanding in the following:
- Active Directory domain administration
- Windows 10
- Remote Desktop
- Office 2011/2013
- Smartphone and iPad device configuration and
- Phone System Administration (Phone System Programming, Support
- Good oral and written English language communication
- Quick learner, strong/effective problem solver
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Annual pay for new
hires generally ranges between $52,555 and $68,220 or more,
depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.
Starting pay may be higher based on experience.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents
of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT
and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring,
countertop, wall tile, and hardscaping products in North America.
Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30
state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S.
and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of
quartz, porcelain, ceramic, LVT, natural stone and glass products
imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Perfect Placement Group Llc, New York , Hardware Technician (1st Shift), Professions , Edison, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!