Counterparty Credit Risk Analyst - FIG
Company: Natixis CIB Americas
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2022
TheVP-level Counterparty Credit Risk Analyst position will be
part of the FIG Risk team, which covers Banks, Insurance, broker/
dealers and pension funds. The Credit Risk team is considered the
second line of defense at Natixis, and accordingly, the focus will
be on the assessment of the Credit Requests (Lending and Trading)
and the formulation of a written Risk Opinion, which may be
presented to Credit Committee. In line with Natixis' policies and
procedures that govern credit processes (including proper use of
internal rating models, LGD models and RWA models), the Credit
Analyst will identify the potential risk(s) and positive attributes
of each deal with the ultimate goal being the support of the
business while avoiding undue risk and credit loss. The Credit
Analyst also conducts annual reviews, processes amendments and
modifications, monitors the Financial Institutions portfolio, and
participates in the quarterly watch list meetings, if necessary.
Additional responsibilities will include forward-looking
identification of macro factors affecting the portfolio, portfolio
monitoring and analysis.
He/she/they will be responsible for providing analysis on Financial
Institutions for the US, Canadian and LatAm banks, Insurance
companies, broker/ dealers and pension funds; the role will
include, but will not be limited to:
- Prepare written risk opinions and analysis
- Conduct due diligence calls or visits when appropriate;
professionally represent the bank with clients
- Articulate a convincing case in support of the risk opinion to
Senior Management and Credit Committees
- Work with those on the Business side
- Recommend Credit terms and conditions within Trading
- Stay connected with industry trends and macro issues which may
impact the portfolio; be able to recommend changes or action
impacting specific clients or groups of clients.
- Have a good understanding of the regulatory environment that
each of our counterparts operates in.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university/college
required in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or other
business-related discipline. Graduate degree preferred, but not
- Minimum 3-5 years of previous credit experience that has
preferably included the review of trading limits to financial
- Previous experience in a financial institution a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office products including extensive knowledge
of MS Excel.
- Knowledge of internal credit systems.
- Effective communication (written, oral and listening) and
interpersonal skills a must. Skillful written communication is
necessary; the ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly
and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Self-directed with the ability to learn quickly
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently while
understanding when to involve other team members as needed and to
work effectively in a team environment.
- High degree of integrity and strong work ethic.
Natixis is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a workplace
free of discrimination. Natixis will not tolerate any form of
discrimination based on age, color, mental or physical handicap or
disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, national
origin, alienage, ancestry or citizenship status, race, religion,
sex (including sex stereotyping, gender identity, gender expression
or transgender status),veteran status, creed, genetic information
or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as
established by law.
Respect for all means that we deal with each person as an
individual and not as a member of any group. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment. Management is
expected to provide leadership in supporting the firm's EEO program
by taking steps to promote EEO in all facets of employment
including recruitment, hiring, retention, promotion, performance
assessment, and career-development opportunities.
Keywords: Natixis CIB Americas, New York , Counterparty Credit Risk Analyst - FIG, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!