Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Catholic Health
Location: Rockville Centre
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Facility: CHS Services
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Department: Finance & Performance Management
Category: Administrative / Business Support
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift
A centralized department serving the health system, Finance and
Performance Management drives execution and maintenance of
financial planning initiatives within Strata Decision Technology- a
web-based platform specializing in healthcare financial planning
services. This platform includes modules such as Productivity
Reporting, Management Reporting, Operating and Capital budgeting.
Working with the entities and their leadership, we collaboratively
perform budget and performance processes across the system. The
department is also responsible for the development and
implementation of Catholic Health's future financial planning
vision utilizing this platform including (but not limited to)
quarterly rolling forecast, long-range planning, capital planning,
and margin improving initiatives.
- Develop proficiency related to all modules of Strata Decision
Technology utilized by Catholic Health including Operating
Budgeting, Capital Management, Management Reporting, Productivity
Reporting, Rolling/Long-Range Forecasting, Strategic Planning,
Stratasphere and Continuous Improvement.
- Support Strata Decision Technology platform maintenance
including security and hierarchy assignments, system rollforward,
system data reconciliations.
- Help drive the transition from the traditional budgeting
process to a variable based budgeting and rolling forecast
- Maintain all system maintenance updates including units of
service mappings, as well as department and account mappings.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting using the Strata Decision Technology
platform to monitor and analyze initiatives throughout the health
- Detail analysis to compare actual to expected and identify
root-cause of variances utilizing Strata Decision Technology
- Develop strong working relationship with local finance and
- Assist with capital planning processes including capital budget
reporting, reconciliation to the general ledger and capital
- Supports system and process standardization across Catholic
Health (including dashboards, data process, meeting agendas).
- Provide support to corporate service center departments in
review of results in Management Reporting.
- Understanding of hospital billing, cost accounting and/or
service line reporting a plus.
- Assist in the implementation of future Strata Decision
Technology modules as noted above.
- Analyze data from various sources (including Strata Decision
Technology cost accounting, general ledger, EPIC) to identify
operational and financial opportunities.
- Measure actual performance against expectation, provide
explanation for variance and recognize trends to apply to future
- Position may train others in budget/planning/forecasting
related policies and procedures.
- Analyze business problems and propose appropriate automated
solutions, process improvements and other business procedures.
- Develops and prepares ad hoc reporting/analysis and standard
reporting necessary for key management decisions, including
strategic/business planning; creates advance analytics using data
Minimum Requirements And Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in business related field
- 5-7 years finance experience with 3-5 years in a healthcare
- Moderate to Advanced excel skills required (v-lookup, pivot
tables, index, match).
- Knowledge of Strata Decision Technology a plus.
- Ability to proactively and efficiently management multiple
projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation
- Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential physical demands.
Position will require overtime for certain periods of the
Keywords: Catholic Health, New York , Senior Financial Analyst, Professions , Rockville Centre, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!