NB1205 - Credit Analyst
Company: Northfield Bank
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description Northfield Bank is a full service bank with 38
branch locations throughout New Jersey; and Staten Island and
Brooklyn, New York. With a history dating back to 1887, our growth
continues through expansion of our presence in local communities
and in our Product and Service offerings. Over 300 employees with
diverse backgrounds and cultures have come together to make
Northfield Bank what it is today. The Bank believes in providing
all employees with the opportunity to reach their career potential
and encourages advancement within the organization. For more
information, please visit www.eNorthfield.com Title: Credit Analyst
Location: Woodbridge, NJStatus: Full Time Job Summary:
Independently evaluate the creditworthiness and risk classification
of commercial loan transactions presented for acquisition and
renewal. Ensure that the credit decision is compliant with policy
and all exceptions are identified. Make recommendations to
management regarding the strengths and weaknesses of potential
transactions. Document recommendations by preparing a formal
underwriting consisting of a narrative report supported by
quantitative analysis of financial and credit statements.
- Proficient in Commercial and Industrial lending which includes
preparing written credit memorandums on all new loan requests and
renewals, relative to financial strengths and weaknesses of
borrowers, risk assessments, strength of guarantors, industry
analysis, collateral and loan structures with opinions as to credit
- Spread financial statements through the use of computerized
financial software program and analyze reports produced by the
system for preparation of written reviews.
- Preparation of a formal credit risk analysis and supporting
financial spreadsheets for commercial real estate transactions,
business loans, and construction projects.
- Independent evaluation and review of all pertinent credit and
financial information, including audited, reviewed, compiled and
management-prepared financial statements, tax returns, credit
bureau reports, vendor and bank inquiries.
- Perform independent due diligence as necessary to appropriately
vet all prospective individual and corporate entities.
- Ensure that the underwriting is policy compliant and that all
policy exceptions and guidelines are identified and documented in
- Responsible to ensure that policy compliant approval levels are
assigned to the underwriting and the appropriate signatures are
- Assign a proposed Risk Rating to the credit that is in
compliance with Risk Rating Definitions.
- Present the credit request to management along with the loan
- Prepare annual credit reviews and independently re-evaluate the
Risk Rating of existing loans.
- Underwrite and present credit renewals and extensions.
- Participate in continued advanced specialized training to
maintain the competency level required for a Subject
- Interface with all levels of the organization, including Senior
- Responsible for complying with all policies and guidelines,
including BSA, anti-money laundering, government regulations and
annual compliance training.
OTHER: May require occasional travel for business meetings or
- Regulatory Knowledge - Understands the applicable federal,
state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies and
guidelines affecting business practices
- Decision-Making - Able to make sound business decisions. Takes
thoughtful approach when considering options. Seeks input from
others, as appropriate. Willing to make difficult decisions.
- Accountability - Takes responsibility and ownership for
decisions, actions and results. Follows through on
- Judgment - Possesses the ability to effectively perform the
required functions of the job without being told every detail, to
independently solve problems, and offer suggestions.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to take large volumes of data and
then analyze trends an produce a result. Ability to breakdown
complex problems into simpler, more manageable components. Ability
to gather all information necessary to solve a problem, recognize
underlying issues based on data and trends, and organize all
relevant information to provide insight and ideas on how to draw
appropriate conclusions that will help solve the problem.
- Technical Expertise - Demonstrates the ability to use current
and new technology effectively and productively to meet job needs
(e.g., computers). Continually updates skills and knowledge to meet
position demands and requirements.
- Dependability - Is considered reliable and consistently goes
beyond the routine scope of the normal job duties. Maintains a high
degree of flexibility.
- Continuous Learning - Pursues opportunities to develop self and
improve skill level. Solicits feedback from supervisor and others
and takes active measures to maximize potential. Is always working
to advance their professional skill set. Recognizes additional work
and/or job duties as an opportunity to grow
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related
- Certificate program in Credit or Risk Analysis preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Commercial and Industrial underwriting
- CRE underwriting experience is a plus
- Cash flow analysis experience
- Review and analysis of tax returns and financial
- Financial analysis or underwriting experience
- Internal Bank Operations experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
**Northfield Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Northfield Bank, New York , NB1205 - Credit Analyst, Professions , Woodbridge, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!