Solar Site surveyor/ Auditor (construction exp pref)
Company: Brooklyn Solarworks
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Position: Solar Site AuditorLocation: Brooklyn, NYReports to:
Director of SalesHours: Full-time, 40 hours per week (some
evenings/weekends)About Brooklyn SolarWorksBrooklyn SolarWorks was
founded in 2015 with a purpose and mission to make "solar"
appealing, easy, and available for all Brooklyn's urban homeowners.
Having acknowledged the unique design for Brooklyn homes, BSW has
pioneered an entirely new design and installation methods that work
around and elevates above these challenges. We are committed to
building a diverse, sustainably minded, and ever-growing team to
best serve our customers and clean energy overall. Our company
motto is "Make Sun Fun".About the PositionBrooklyn SolarWorks is
seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our
growing Auditor team. As a Solar auditor, you will need to possess
a strong sense of attention to detail, assessments and physical
evaluations of sites. The incumbent will be required to visit,
measure, and assess potential instillation sites by measuring
rooftops by hand.Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be responsible for performing site surveys,
assessing building conditions, and relaying critical information to
Brooklyn Solar Works' (BSW) teams.
- Conduct measurements of the roof and draft blueprints of the
- The auditor will work closely with operations and sales teams
to evaluate solar feasibility for interested building owners.
- Comfortability working on flat rooftops during all seasons and
- Test electricity panels in home to ensure homeowner has the
potential to go solar.Requirements:
- Valid Driver's license is strongly preferred.
- 2-3 site visits per day
- Experience with SketchUp is preferred.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Basic project fulfillment of presales designs and permitting
- Strong knowledge Interfacing with various NYC Agencies:
landmarks, Department of Buildings, Con Edison, etc---
- Roofing experience is strongly preferred.
- 2 years of construction experience.
- Comfortability with heights.
- Attention to detail.
- CAD or Architectural Software is plus.
- Ability to travel and work irregular hours.
- A passion for Brooklyn SolarWork's
- Pay: $20-$25/hr
- Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement
- Company provided meals and snacks
- Transportation perks/benefits
- Paid Time OffBrooklyn SolarWorks equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: Brooklyn Solarworks, New York , Solar Site surveyor/ Auditor (construction exp pref), Professions , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!