QA Helpdesk Analyst (NY, NY/Hybrid)
Company: Acord (association For Cooperative Operations Rese
Location: New York
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Crum & Forster Company Overview Crum & Forster (C&F) , with
a proud history dating to 1822, provides specialty and standard
commercial lines insurance products through our admitted and
surplus lines insurance companies.
With more than $3.1 billion in written premium as of 2020, C&F
enjoys a financial strength rating of A (Excellent) by A.M.
C&F is proud of its superior customer service platform and its
claims and risk engineering services are recognized as among the
best in the industry.
Our most valuable asset is our people 3000+ employees, and growing,
in locations throughout the United States. The company is
increasingly winning recognition as a great place to work, earning
workplace and wellness awards.
C&F is part of Fairfax Financial Holdings, a global
organization with $19.8 billion in revenue.
For more information about Crum & Forster, please visit our
website: www.cfins.com . Job Description We have an exciting new
opportunity on the Seneca IT Team for a person who is interested in
both working on the helpdesk team to deliver solutions for issues
users are having with their IT equipment and systems, as well as
being part of our Applications Test Team, working interactively on
projects, focused on the Quality Assurance of our systems. The
Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for supporting IT
processes by leveraging technology to assist end users, achieving
business goals, and ensuring optimum performance of existing
systems. The Test Analyst is responsible for ensuring new and
enhanced systems comply with User requirements. This requires
direct involvement in the delivery of all IT products and tools,
requires meticulous attention to detail, and the willingness to
participate and learn both how users think in contrast to what
developers perceive users have asked for. If you are dedicated and
ambitious, want a chance to expand your knowledge in a couple of
different areas in the IT world, Seneca is an excellent place to do
this and grow your career. What you will do: QA Analyst-
- Translate business requirements into executable test cases
- Execute manual test cases
- Report bugs and issues found during testing
- Document and communicate test results, issues, and overall
status to IT management Helpdesk Analyst-
- Act as the initial point of contact for all computer and system
related concerns from employees. Answer queries via phone, email,
or helpdesk tickets.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service and adhere to all
service management principles.
- Take ownership of end user problems and be proactive in finding
- Assist in resolving hardware/software issues for end
- Assist in training and guiding staff on hardware and software
usage if necessary.
- Assist in technical upgrading and maintaining desktop
- Install hardware (computers, monitors, servers, UPS, routers,
- Troubleshoot mobile devices, configure new devices.
- Install and configure computer systems and applications within
- Ability to create images for desktop and laptops. General
- Attend daily/weekly project and departmental meetings
- Work with the business to investigate and triage reported
- Work on IT project teams as directed by management.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. What you will bring to C&F:
- Computer Science Degree, A+ Certification, or 3-5 years of job
experience, including helpdesk or ticketing system experience.
- Microsoft and relevant technical certifications and education
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems,
includingtroubleshooting Microsoft Office and Outlook within a
- Experience handling remote VPN access technology, two-factor
authentication and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with networked printers, including
installing, troubleshooting, and servicing.
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems
including Windows and Mac OS
- Mobile devices including iPhone andBlackberry messaging
services and troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable with desktop applications and client services on
cloud, mobile, traditional desktop configurations, and desktop
virtualization technologies, including Citrix and VMware. QA
- Knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies and
- Knowledge of industry accepted Quality Assurance
- Applies a results-driven approach to work assigned General
- Insurance experience preferred, but not required
- Self-motivated, accountable, and takes a sense of ownership of
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to
think outside of the box when presented with a challenge
- Ability to effectively prioritize, maintain attention to
detail, and successfully execute tasks in a high-pressure
environment. Demonstrated multi-tasking capabilities a must.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly
language, as well as communicate directly with technical
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Team-oriented and the ability to effectively work within a
collaborative environment. #LI-MS What C&F will bring to you
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous 401K employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan with employer matching
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent benefits that go beyond health, dental & vision. Our
programs are focused on your whole familys wellness, including your
physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- A core C&F tenet is owning your career development, so we
provide a wealth of ways for you to keep learning, including
tuition reimbursement, industry-related certifications and
professional training to keep you progressing on your chosen
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and exciting work environment
- We believe you do well by doing good and want to encourage a
spirit of social and community responsibility, matching donation
program, volunteer opportunities, and an employee-driven corporate
giving program that lets you participate and support your community
At C&F you will BELONG
We value inclusivity and diversity. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity and welcome everyone regardless of race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity, or Veteran status. If you require special accommodation,
please let us know.
Keywords: Acord (association For Cooperative Operations Rese, New York , QA Helpdesk Analyst (NY, NY/Hybrid), Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!