Company: Marriott - Hanover
Posted on: August 7, 2022
This is the job description for MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Asst Chief Engineer, Chief Engineer
Job Purpose: To repair and maintain physical structure of hotel
using hand tools and power tools.
1. Maintain hotel, pool, and surrounding area, performing minor and
routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring,
HVAC functions, and other related maintenance activities, using
2. Notify management concerning need for major repairs or additions
to lighting, heating, and ventilating
3. Respond to guest requests for service according to company
policy. Keep records of rooms completed.
4. Program phone equipment according to hotel needs.
5. Observe equipment and utility meter readings on a daily
6. Stay accessible to Front Desk and Chief Engineer.
7. Maintain files of Material Safety Data Sheets.
8. Ensure par stocking of regularly used parts and supplies.
9. Learn emergency procedures.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Understand and use specifications.
2. Work to precise measurements.
3. Use arithmetic to measure, compute amount of materials to use,
and to inspect product to be sure it conforms
4. Lift and move materials and products.
5. Climb and balance self.
6. Work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: 1 year of previous maintenance experience required
Licenses/Certifications: Technical licenses such as: HVAC,
Electricial, Plumbing etc are helpful.
Physical Requirements and working conditions: Ability to speak and
hear. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 50
lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with
frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Continually works in normal office conditions and in close
proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working conditions:
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Near moving or mechanical parts
X Lift/carry over 50 lbs.
X On high precarious places
X With fumes or airborne particles
X Near toxic or caustic chemicals
X Near risk of electrical shock
X Near loud noises
X In areas of strong vibration
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Marriott - Hanover, New York , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Whippany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!