Investment Analyst @ Insurer
Company: CFA Institute
Location: New York
Posted on: September 25, 2022
We are seeking an Investment Analyst for our Purchase, NY
The Analyst position produces and coordinates many of the reports
supporting the operational oversight and analysis of our invested
assets and related controls. This includes daily involvement with
asset reviews, cash flows and communications with our external
managers and other internal departments. Reports generated are
utilized within the team and for management reporting as part of
the decision making and control processes. Working within the team,
the Analyst contributes to development and implementation of
strategy as well as other business-related activities as they
arise. This position reports to the SVP, Risk and Asset
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on
investment portfolio risk metrics and activity
- Prepare quarterly reports for external reporting (e.g., OTTI &
security pricing verifications)
- Operational activities related to managers:
- Interact with Treasury department on cash-flows
- Participate in calls with external investment managers
- Review portfolios for compliance with Investment Policies and
- Assist with production and optimization of risk scenarios,
stress tests, and scenario assumptions.
- Support with the production of quarterly risk reporting
materials and analysis.
- Assist with the submission of investment related activity
pertaining to Rating Agency and Regulatory surveys.
- Assist in development and oversight of Economic Social and
Governance (ESG) investment policy.
- Contribute to development and evolution of Strategic Asset
Allocation operating within risk budget, and regulatory and capital
- Assist with oversight of Asset/Liability Management (ALM)
strategy and execution, including cash flow and duration matching,
FX policy and liquidity management.
- Ad hoc research projects related to economy, markets and
securities, and other tasks as needed.
- Keep team updated on progress of work, and communicate
issues/delays on a timely basis to avoid missed deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong leadership potential, analytical and organization skills
with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented
environment, and operate within multiple deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and inquisitive mind
- Strong attention to detail
- Technical skills i.e. Macro, VBA and Python as well as exposure
to BlackRock Aladdin, Clearwater or Bloomberg a plus
- Ability to understand situations and problem solve
- Ability to manage deliverables accurately on a timely basis and
conduct self-reviews to ensure constant development
- Solves problems with varying levels of scope and complexity,
refers to policies and practices for guidance.
Sompo International offers a competitive compensation and benefits
package commensurate with experience. The minimum salary for this
Also email David Velasquez ()
Keywords: CFA Institute, New York , Investment Analyst @ Insurer, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!