Chief Engineer (Hotel Maintenance)
Company: Hotel 48Lex NYC
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
OverviewOpportunity: - Chief EngineerManage general and
preventative maintenance functions to ensure guest service and
sustainability standards are achieved and maintained throughout the
hotel structure. - - -Potential Career Path - -Area Chief Engineer
Regional Director of EngineeringEssential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support
associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established
brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs. -
- Manage and coordinate bids, quotes and contracts for 3rd -party
- Oversee small projects, or PIPS, and manage and report on the
work progress. - - - -
- Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings.
- Paint designated areas and items.
- Install and replace basic electrical fixtures. - Replace light
switches, receptacles, light bulbs, and fixtures.
- Install, replace, and program televisions.
- Perform minor plumbing functions.
- Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as
preventative maintenance on units. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - -
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on a scheduled basis and
complete work orders as necessary; keep accurate records of PMs on
all rooms and equipment.
- Maintain the building exterior and curb appeal of entire hotel
- Refurbish, paint and finish furniture and fixtures as
- Test, examine, and maintain hotels life safety systems to
ensure they are 100% operational at all times.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records and
coordinate compliance of service contracts.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward
increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHMs
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and
follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.Position
- High School diploma and/or trade school course work in related
- Previous supervisory engineer/maintenance experience required
or equivalent training.
- Certifications may be required.
- HVAC certification is required. -Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and
weekends or alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing,
lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, climbing, stooping,
kneeling or crouching.What We BelievePeople Are Our Capability
Hearts That Serve Only Excellence Stay Nimble - Own ItAbout Us
Conveniently situated in Manhattans Midtown East neighborhood,
Hotel 48LEX offers a sophisticated guesthouse experience in the
atmosphere of a residentially-styled, upscale boutique hotel.
High-style accommodations, signature amenities and thoughtful guest
services combine to create an effortless and personalized
experience. Refined art, exemplary elegance, craft cocktails and
more provide an atmosphere of relaxed sophistication. World class
luxury awaits at Hotel 48LEX.HHM is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any
other group protected by law.
Keywords: Hotel 48Lex NYC, New York , Chief Engineer (Hotel Maintenance), Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!