CTO Cloud Compute and Automation Architect
Company: Bloomberg L.P.
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
CTO Cloud Compute and Automation ArchitectNew York, NYOur
team:Bloomberg's CTO Office is the forward-looking technical arm of
Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design and prototype the next
generation of infrastructure, hardware and applications that
interface with all aspects of the company. Our projects include
financial products, broadcast and media, data centers, public
cloud, internal IT and our large global network.
As a member of the CTO Compute and Cloud Architecture team, you
will work with teams in Engineering and CTO researching and
implementing new and improved ways to:
- Provision, manage and elastically scale modern cloud compute
infrastructure with automation, DevOps and self-service
capabilities in our own data centers, in public clouds and on our
- Articulate, develop and continuously evolve the company's
compute, storage, middleware and application technologies via
roadmaps and product ownership.
- Act as Product Owner and Architect to work closely with
infrastructure teams on developing a technical roadmap.As a member
of our team, you will work with motivated and skilled engineers
across the company to deliver secure solutions in a timely manner,
and help us define the future of Bloomberg's cloud infrastructure.
This is a unique opportunity to join a talented group and set the
direction for a crucial growing division.
What's in it for you:
- Access to cutting edge technology and empowerment to utilize
that technology in proof of concept work.
- Contribute to the long term vision for cloud compute, storage,
middleware, applications and infrastructure at Bloomberg private
cloud and public cloud across AWS, Azure, GCP
- Influence the roadmap for future cloud technologies and how
Bloomberg will build new infrastructure.
- Provide guidance for optimized and reusable cloud
infrastructure across public cloud providers and in our own data
- Collaborate with teams on various projects and products to
provide reusable infrastructure components.
- Develop cloud infrastructure patterns by researching and using
the best open source tools on the market.
- Help improve developer productivity for over 7000 engineers
with modern tools and automation.
- Opportunity to work with and contribute to open source
communities.We'll trust you to:
- Take a leadership role in defining tools, techniques and
technologies used to build Bloomberg's cloud infrastructure.
- Support new product development, guiding teams with the
appropriate cloud architectures, design patterns and deployment
- Prototype new cloud infrastructure technologies, and understand
how they fit into Bloomberg's existing environment.
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to work
collaboratively with colleagues at all levels and across
- Identify and mentor the next generation of cloud leadership
- Foster a culture of cloud and security best practices while
balancing the trade-offs between security, usability and
performance at a large scale.
- Attend various industry conferences.You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience automating, building, maintaining and
managing various aspects of large-scale cloud infrastructure.
- 2+ years of programming experience in Python or Go.
- 2+ years of automation experience with AWS, Azure or GCP using
Terraform or equivalent.
- A track record of building collaborative relationships with
stakeholders across many functions, with a focus on correctness,
scalability and usability of cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with container technologies, Docker,
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience with developing, deploying and managing RESTful
APIs.We'd love to see:
- Past private and public cloud automation projects and
responsibilities in large-scale products.
- Familiarity with network protocols and stacks across OSI
- Experience with public cloud platforms including Amazon Web
Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
- Breadth of knowledge in systems, networks, and software.
- Familiarity with financial markets and products.Our Open Source
Commitment:Bloomberg sits at the intersection of high availability,
low latency, and large-scale computing. We have a decade-long track
record of using open source software to build data infrastructure
and applications that address the unique constraints of the finance
industry. We also support a broad open source ecosystem to empower
others to solve similar real-world problems. From technical
governance to upstream collaboration, we are committed to enhancing
the impact and sustainability of open source.
In this role, you'll be expected to interact with global open
source project teams and communities. If you have a desire to use,
develop, and lead open source software projects, we encourage you
to apply. To learn more about our activities in the open source
community, head over to our Tech at Bloomberg site.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age,
ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic
predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or
ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation,
sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring
status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or
maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a
victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected
by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if
you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the
recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this
confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: 240,000 - 330,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus The
referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief
at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on
factors such as geographic location, work experience, market
conditions, education/training and skill level. We offer one of the
most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer
a range of total rewards that may include merit increases,
incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid
time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability
benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness
programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits
directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Keywords: Bloomberg L.P., New York , CTO Cloud Compute and Automation Architect, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!