Data Science Consultant (Attention: graduate students and ECRs)
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The data team is the backbone of Roc360's investment strategy.
As a Data Science Consultant on the team, you will help distill our
data into actionable and explanatory business insights.This is a
part-time position that can be anywhere from entry-level to a
senior position. In particular, we opened this role with
early-career research academics in mind-individuals who have deep
training in quantitative and statistical tools and would like to
explore career paths in industry data science.This role will
involve statistical analysis, data cleaning, machine learning,
analytics engineering, and presentation of data narratives for data
scientists and other stakeholders at the company. The successful
candidate will work as part of a collaborative, supportive team of
data scientists, data analysts, and data engineers.This part-time
role will report to a senior member of Roc360's Data Science Team
and can be based in NYC or remote.As a Data Science Consultant, you
will collaborate closely with the rest of the data team to:
- Query and gather data from multiple sources.
- Clean and quality-check the data.
- Perform statistical analyses.
- Visualize the results, either in a dashboarding platform or in
- Present a comprehensive data story for nontechnical
- Learn and develop machine learning and other engineering skill
sets actively used by the team, as they align with your
professional development goals.The ideal candidate will have:
- Proficiency in statistics and quantitative reasoning.
- Proficiency in Python.
- The ability to think carefully through and anticipate plausible
edge cases and possible pitfalls.
- An exceptional attention to detail, given that much of the
team's work involves merging and reconciling data from multiple
- A "cautious adventurer" mindset in tackling new challenges,
including those in unfamiliar subjects.We are particularly excited
to speak to candidates with:
- A background in the social or physical sciences.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Experience working with real estate data, location data, or
- Experience working with PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, or similar BI
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and packages (e.g.
- Familiarity or experience with source control (e.g. git) and
container (e.g. Docker) tools.
- Familiarity with cloud data platforms such as AWS and
GCP.Roc360 is a global team of professionals committed to improving
the residential real estate ecosystem. The core team has worked
together for over 20 years, combining an entrepreneurial spirit,
research-driven investment strategies, and a common-sense approach
to lending. Now with 300 employees across 4 continents, we continue
to seek collaborative and creative problem-solvers to grow the
company. Roc360 is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed
to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color,
ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran
status.Learn more about Careers at Roc360 here.
Keywords: Roc360, New York , Data Science Consultant (Attention: graduate students and ECRs), Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!