Patient Care Technician- KP14 Cardiothoracic Surgery- Evening Shift (37.5 hours)
Company: NYU Langone Health
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered,
integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in
clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200
locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient
locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level
1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and
Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute
designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of
Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and
scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are
fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally
talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and
knowledge. For more information, go to -nyulangone.org, and
interact with us on -LinkedIn, -Glassdoor, -Indeed, -Facebook,
-Twitter, -YouTube -and -Instagram.Position Summary:
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Patient Care
Technician- KP14 Cardiothoracic Surgery- Evening Shift (37.5
In this role, the successful candidate Assists the professional
nurse in the care of patients and families by completing assigned
patient care tasks; provides competent, safe, and compassionate
care with emphasis on an understanding of the challenges faced by
hospitalization, undergoing procedures or diagnostic tests;
provides support to the unit in the maintenance and safety of
supplies, equipment and the environment; demonstrates NYU Langone
Health Core Values in all aspects of job performance.Job
- Demonstrates knowledge of the NYU Langone Health Core Values
and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Demonstrates respect for patient confidentiality, privacy,
dignity, and rights
- Demonstrates accountability for supplies, equipment, and
- Assists in the collection of data for the units Quality and
Performance Improvement Program, that includes patient satisfaction
and other measures.
- Assists the nurse in the review and corrective action plans
regarding patient/family response, and satisfaction.
- Recognizes own limitations and requests assistance when
- Discusses educational concerns and goals with the Nurse Manager
or appropriate leadership.
- Seeks learning resources for identified learning needs.
- Participates in the orientation process of other patient care
technicians. Participates in unit meetings and conferences.
- Completes annual mandatory education requirements for patient
- Demonstrates an awareness of the needs and behaviors of
specific patient age groups and different cultures.
- Assists in supporting unit activities as requested. Assists in
emergency situations as directed.
- Utilizes specialized skills and safety when carrying out
specific tasks of patient care as assigned, including phlebotomy,
fingersticks for glucose, and electrocardiograms.
- Demonstrates understanding of infection prevention and control
- Assists in data collection and activities as assigned.Assists
in maintaining safety and comfort needs of patients and
families.Assists with admission, transfer and discharge procedures
per unit / service operations.
- Verbally and non-verbally communicates responsiveness and
support to patients, families, and other staff.
- Observes general behavior and reports same to the registered
nurse to whom assigned.
- Provides assistance to patients in the activities (listed in
the Performance Standards by service/unit) as applicable.
- Completes delegated responsibilities as directed by the
- Uses a clear, caring and respectful communication style with
patients and families, nurses and other members of the health care
team. Functions as a respectful member of the health care
- Answers patients call lights promptly and effectively;
completes patient requests for assistance with personal care and
activity, and reports those requests not within the role of the
patient care technician to the professional nurse assigned to the
- Reports all observations concerning patients to the
professional nurse responsible for the patient on a given shift
Responds to requests for specific tasks as delegated by any
registered professional nurse.
- Provides for security of patients personal property, and
handles valuables according to hospital procedure. Maintains
cleanliness of the nursing unit as appropriate to position. (i.e.,
utility room, unit refrigerators, etc.).
- Gives direct assistance to all team members, including
registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, physicians, nursing
attendants, patient unit clerks, escort, dietary and other health
- Assists in having patient ready for scheduled appointments
including placing the patient on a stretcher or in a
- Runs errands to other departments, including but not limited
to, the delivery of specimens and equipment.
- Assists in keeping patient environment, patient equipment and
patient care areas/units clean, safe and orderly.
- Ensures that necessary equipment and supplies are present in
the patient rooms and on the unit.Minimum Qualifications:
To qualify you must have a High school graduate or equivalent
required. PCT certification upon hire or transfer into the position
. BLS certification (Issued by the American Heart Association-AHA)
OR Heartsaver CPR/AED certification (Issued by the American Heart
Association-AHA) is required upon entry to the position.
Competencies: Working knowledge of English is evident in verbal,
reading and writing abilities; other language an asset;
demonstrates ability in computer skills; proficiency in
venipuncture and phlebotomy required.Qualified candidates must be
able to effectively communicate with all levels of the
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a
place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of,
an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of
recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged
to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual
orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin,
age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or
parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any
other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an
employment decision. We require applications to be completed
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click
here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster
more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New
York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The
salary range for the role is $53,444.80 - $53,444.80 Annually.
Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including
experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary
range or contractual rate listed does not include
bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, New York , Patient Care Technician- KP14 Cardiothoracic Surgery- Evening Shift (37.5 hours), Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!