Hemodialysis Technician - 0.2 fte part-time
Company: The Mount Sinai Health System
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- *_Strength Through Diversity_** .
- *_Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made
- *_Roles & Responsibilities:_**
- Functions in a support role to the Registered Professional
Nurse and other members of the health care team in the Dialysis
Unit(s) by providing direct care activities as prescribed.
Cannulates patients with grafts and or fistulas under the
supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse or physician.
Reports any unusual findings.
- Assumes primary responsibility for all technical devices
utilized in the delivery of renal replacement therapies.
- Provides direct care to patients receiving renal replacement
therapies as delegated by the Registered Professional Nurse and
under the direct supervision of him/herself or the attending
- Initiates hemodialysis via AVG and/or AVF under the direction
of a Registered Professional Nurse; terminates hemodialysis via AVG
(arteriovenous graft) and/or AVF (arteriovenous fistula) under the
supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Sets parameters for the hemodialysis treatment as follows,
after consultation with a Registered Professional Nurse:
- Assures availability of supplies and equipment at each dialysis
station and PD area.
- Assures all equipment is in excellent repair, and maintains a
clean, neat work area including utility room.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Certification by the Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and
- Certification by the Nephrology Nursing Certification
- (Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT))
- Experience in Dialysis or other relevant acute cate setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates
a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with
patients and families.
- *_Strength Through Diversity_**
- *The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity
and inclusion are drivers for excellence. We share a common
devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as
diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook
and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's
unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we
revolutionize medicine together and participate actively as a
leader within the Mount Sinai Health System by:**
- Serving as the primary resource management representative of
the Mount Sinai leadership teams, committees, etc., and acting as
the primary executive leader interface between Mount Sinai and key
executives from the health systems' vendors and partners
- Engaging with relevant thought leaders and policy-makers at the
federal and state levels, and representing the Health System as
- Using a lens of equity in establishing and promoting policies
and procedures and providing opportunities for all to thrive.
- Confronting racist, sexist or other inappropriate behavior and
challenges exclusionary organizational practices and serving as a
role model to promote anti-racist behaviors.
- Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors
among and between departments and co-workers.
- *We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to
create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can
develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees,
regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality
- *Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us
write a new chapter in our story!**
- *_Who We Are_**
- *Over 42,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai
Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with
seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled
education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities
- *Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System
combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount
Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai
Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai
Hospital, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount
Sinai Morningside (formerly Mount Sinai St. Luke's), and New York
Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.**
_The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We
promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural
differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual
- *EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans**
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides a salary range to
comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job
The salary range for the role is $25.60 - $26.94 Hourly.
Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including
experience, education, and hospital need.
The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include
bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation
Keywords: The Mount Sinai Health System, New York , Hemodialysis Technician - 0.2 fte part-time, Professions , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!