Location: South Plainfield
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled
infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to
ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers,
restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our
customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the
food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in
order to delivery on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Drive and operate yard jockey truck to transport trailers to
appropriate location(s) on the premises in observance of traffic
and safety regulations.
- Operate a yard jockey truck, with automatic transmission, to
transport trailers to appropriate location(s) on company premises,
making an average of 50-75 moves per day.
- Perform these duties on second shift, from 3 pm to
approximately 11 pm, Monday - Friday, and Saturdays as needed.
Significant overtime hours may be required.
- Earn $19.50 per hour, paid bi-weekly, with the ability to
qualify for benefits including health, vision, dental, 401K, and
paid time off (PTO).
- Chock rear wheels of vehicle prior to any loading or unloading
and, remove same chocks prior to driving away. Operate trailer and
dock doors and remove and/or install safety devices as needed or as
- Report any maintenance needs or equipment malfunctions to
appropriate supervisor and maintenance personnel.
- Maintain a safe work area free and clear of loose debris, wood,
plastic and other obstacles which may impede operations, and sweeps
work area as needed or as necessary.
What Experience You Need
- Commercial Driver's License not required
- Familiarity with yard jockey duties and/or fast-paced warehouse
and truck yard environment preferred.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- No more than one (1) moving violation citation such as reckless
driving or speeding in excess of fifteen (15) miles above the
posted speed limit within the previous twelve (12) months, and no
more than three (3) within the previous three (3) years.
- No DUI citations.
What Could Set You Apart
- Previous yard jockey/switcher experience or some Class A
commercial driving experience preferred but not required
- Excellent tractor trailer backing skills
- Demonstration of interpersonal skills, including partnering
- Ability to take direction and adapt in fast-paced
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me?
We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with
our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their
health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a
values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers
feed the world.
Keywords: Americold, New York , Yard Jockey, Professions , South Plainfield, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!