Restaurant Equipment Buyer
Company: Carrie Rikon & Associates, LLC.
Location: Great Neck
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Restaurant Equipment BuyerSalary 85K plus bonus and
benefitsOnsite position -working at our corporate -office in Great
Neck, NYBig Box company -is responsible for the profitable
procurement and timely delivery of products for assigned lines.
Works closely with the Sr. Director of Purchasing and Senior Buyers
to achieve the goals of the company. Provides supply
chain/inventory management for promotionally active categories and
corresponding financial accountabilities. Procures product in
accordance with all policies and procedures established by the
company.Key Responsibilities include:
- Order products to meet forecasted demand.
- Obtain best possible product costs, quality and service at all
- Ensure that established policies and procedures are understood
and adhered to.
- Strive to obtain inventory and turn goals, while maintaining
service level and minimizing distress.* Interface with various
departments and division personnel to accomplish job functions.
Develop and maintain good working relationships with vendors, store
operations, distribution center and division office personnel.
- Review acquisition costs to ensure items purchased are at the
lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability
of source, and urgency of need.
- Assess current inventory, market conditions, availability, and
promotional impact to forecast order quantities and make
recommendations to the merchandising team.
- Conduct post-promotional reviews and analysis to determine if
promotional requirements were met and develop solutions for problem
- Review and resolve inventory issues at store level as a result
of allocations or order issues. * Review and analyze daily and
weekly reports to monitor costs, quality, service level, inventory
turns, and distress and make adjustments as needed.
- Visit stores, as needed, to monitor programs, obtain store
feedback and to assess overall implementation effectiveness.
- Manage Accounts Payable variance processes for distribution
sourced items to ensure correct prices have been invoiced.
- Resolve store billing questions by researching discrepancies
submitted at store level with Store Billing and entering credits
where appropriate or providing resolution.
- Maintain all necessary department files and records.
- Coordinate with Warehouse Operations to maintain the proper
product flow through the facility, in a timely manner.
- Remote access (buying system) from home or off site location
- Minimum of 2 plus years of Purchasing or Vendor Management
experience in industry or retail: -Food Equipment or Food Supply
- Marketing/Logistics experience preferred or strong
understanding of store operations and merchandising methodologies
- Understanding of grocery procurement, logistics, inventory
management, marketing, accounting and financial management
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; ability to take
initiative and make fact- based decisions.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Written and verbal communication skills as well as
interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business
relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong computer aptitude in MS Office including Word and
- Ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
-Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Carrie Rikon & Associates, LLC., New York , Restaurant Equipment Buyer, Professions , Great Neck, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...