Planning & Analysis Analyst
Company: Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affil
Location: New York
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Interested in joining a team of professionals who are smart,
motivated and dedicated to supporting the firm and each other?
Skadden - known for approaching our clients' most complex matters
with innovative and creative thinking - is hiring a Planning &
Analysis Analyst to join our firm in New York. In this role, you
will Assist in all areas of business reporting and analysis, with a
focus on annual budget preparation, quarterly forecasting and
monthly monitoring and analysis.
- Investigates and documents variances and provides support to
local department managers and budgeters across the Firm.
- Works on the annual budget process with a focus on identifying
trends and making recommendations to resolve budget challenges In
various office and departments across the Firm.
- Participates in the monthly reporting process, makes
recommendations and handles the implementation of process
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the data that is
provided, understands where the data came from and determines the
accuracy of the information.
- Provides consulting, project management, training and support
across the Firm in all areas of budgeting, forecasting, variance
analysis and financial report design, creation and distribution.
- Updates and refreshes shared data sources and files used to
provide quick financial metrics
- Performs a variety of ad-hoc financial analysis across the
Firm, as directed by the department Manager. -
- Develops and implement process improvement in reporting and
budget activities and improve financial reporting accuracy.
- Continuous maintenance of Firm budget business rules in
- Supports IT in testing and implementing financial system
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal
communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and
- Performs other related duties as assigned. -Qualifications
- Broad knowledge of Finance and Accounting
- Knowledge of Oracle Smartview and Financial Reporting
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g.
Oracle, Aderant, MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), with the ability
to learn new software and operating systems -
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills,
both verbally and in writing
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and
planning skills -
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively
within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to
meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travelExperience/Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years of related experienceSalary DetailsThe
starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be
between $95,000 to $105,000 annually. Actual salary will be
determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and
other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
About Us -
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP has forged a reputation as
one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. Relying on
innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver
the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients'
legal issues. We are known for handling the most complex
transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory
matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we
build with clients and each other. Our attorneys and professional
staff, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, work
together seamlessly across 21 offices in the world's major
Culture & Life at Skadden
We are proud to have built a team of professionals who are smart,
motivated and dedicated to supporting each other. We invest
substantial time and effort in hiring and training our teams and
recognize that capable and committed people are a valuable asset to
the firm. Our goal at Skadden is for everyone to enjoy a
challenging career with opportunities for development and
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer
generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive healthcare (medical, dental, vision), savings
plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits. -
- Generous PTO.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning & professional
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local
communities.Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to
an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits
discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or
employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but
not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex,
national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status,
marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver
status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression,
change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical
condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions,
sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the
applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential
functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any
protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of
domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or
stalking.If you are having technical issues applying for a
position, please contact your local internet service provider.
Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and
require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability or a religious belief or practice should contact
Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or email@example.com .
Keywords: Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affil, New York , Planning & Analysis Analyst, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!