Auto Glass Installation Technician Trainee
Company: Jobs for Humanity
Location: New York
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just
employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting
to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee,
Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Deaf or hard of
hearding, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Military Veterans, the Elderly,
the LGBTQ, and Justice Impacted individuals. If you identify with
any of the following communities do not hesitate to register.
Company Name: Safelite
Does this position interest you? You should apply - even if you
don't match every single requirement! We're known as an auto glass
company. That's the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass,
we're so much more. We'll help you build a fulfilling career and
encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever
Do you like to be challenged? Have natural mechanical ability? Work
independently, but also as part of a team with opportunities for
growth and advancement?
Join Safelite as an Auto Glass Technician Trainee - the first step
in becoming a certified auto glass technician on a nationally
recognized team of expert installers! We'll train you to install
and repair auto glass, recalibrate car safety systems and provide
service so great, it's memorable. And you'll get paid to learn it
We're more than just a glass company. We empower our associates
with the support they need to be efficient, to problem-solve and
have an eye for detail, and most importantly, to deliver quality
service and bring a little unexpected happiness to people's
This isn't your typical desk job! You'll be outdoors, working with
your hands, and yes, that means working in an ever-changing
environment with all sorts of weather conditions.
It's time to start that new career you've been thinking about.
Invest in yourself and learn more about our 3-month paid training
program. Once on the job, your pay is evaluated every six months to
ensure you're rewarded for outstanding performance!
As a Technician Trainee you will:
- Be paid to learn and apprentice the Safelite way, through
hands-on and classroom training, including:
- Installing and repairing auto glass
- Recalibrating automotive safety systems
- Providing additional services & products
- Study and pass testing to become a Safelite-certified
Technician showing proficiency in installations, embracing a
positive attitude and following taught techniques.
- Safely operate a company vehicle and company-issued tools
utilized throughout the workday.
What you'll get:
- Competitive weekly pay starting at $18.00/hour, increasing to
$20.00/hour after training and certification.
- Earn $5/set of wiper blades when added for customer
- Potential to be promoted in your first year! Earn up to
$22.00/hour as a Senior Tech & up to $25.00/hour as a Master Tech.
Technician career levels determined based on performance metrics
demonstrating efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. Includes 401(k)
plan with company matching, medical plans, paid time off, holidays
& volunteer days.
- Program to buy additional PTO or sell unused time up to 16
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement.
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be
- View all our health, wealth, and life offerings at
What you'll need: (Not sure if you meet all the requirements? We
encourage you to apply!)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid state-issued driver's license required
- Comfortable working outside (in a wide variety of weather
conditions) on your feet for extended periods
- Ability to work scheduled days, with flexibility on start and
end times to accommodate customer's needs
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds for short periods and
on occasion at elevated heights
- High school diploma/GED/equivalent preferred; ability to read &
Internal Associates: Already a member of the Safelite team? Apply
through your Workday account by searching 'Find Open Jobs'.
Diversity: Safelite welcomes everyone. We value our diverse
workforce and suppliers, and we're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. Learn more at Safelite.com/Careers.
Benefit amounts are estimates only. Actual values will depend on
benefit elections during enrollment.
This position description is not all inclusive for every aspect of
this role. Reasonable accommodation will be made for individuals
covered by ADA, ADEA, FMLA and other laws and regulations in
accordance with their requirements. Physical and mental demands are
not and should not be construed to be job qualification standards,
but are illustrated to help the employer, employee and/or applicant
identify tasks where reasonable accommodations may need to be made
when an otherwise qualified person is unable to perform the job's
essential duties because of an ADA disability. Other qualifications
may be required to ensure employment eligibility in accordance with
local laws and regulations and with Safelite Group, Inc. policies
Keywords: Jobs for Humanity, New York , Auto Glass Installation Technician Trainee, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!