Company: Gannett Fleming, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: January 13, 2018
For more than 100 years, we---ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It---s more than a slogan. It---s our standard. It---s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It---s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It---s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Our New York, NY office is seeking highly-motivated Construction Superintendent for upcoming projects of various types and sizes.
- Write daily field reports and provide daily photography of work activities and installation methods.
- Catalog and file field documentation appropriately.
- Coordinate schedule and construction activities with 3rd Party Inspectors, Contractors, and Owner staff.
- Confirm installed materials are per approved submittals, project specifications, and manufacturer---s requirements.
- Full time Field Quality Verification, Safety Inspections, etc.
- Coordinate closely with Project Manager regarding construction activities, job progress, quality verification, and field oversight.
- Provide updates and report to Project Manager on a daily basis with regard to project status.
- 5 years experience in vertical construction project to include educational facilities and/or housing authority projects
- Effective communicator who is able to maintain and foster positive relationships with the public entities, architects, government agencies, inspections departments, utility owners, and company employees
- Understanding of cost control and schedule management
- Resourcefulness, imagination and a passion for challenges
- Proactive approach towards management
- High level of fairness, honesty and integrity
- Strong written communication and oral skills
- Experience with the NYC Housing Authority (NYCHA), NYC School Construction Authority (NYCSCA) and NYC Department of Design and Construction (NYCDDC) is preferred
- Experience in the supervision of Hazardous Material Remediation contracts (i.e., underground storage tank removals, contaminated soil remediation) is a plus
- 40-hour OSHA certification is required
Life at Gannett Fleming
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: New York, NY
Working Hours: 8 AM --- 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-Time
Internal Requisition ID: 2017-4634
Keywords: Gannett Fleming, Inc., New York, Construction Superintendent, Professions, New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!