Company: Fareportal Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: July 11, 2018
People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receive over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking an IT Help Desk Associate to function as a point of contact for all operations in our New York City office. The right candidate will not only manage day to day IT operations but also assist our senior IT staff with performing day to day corporate help desk duties. The person in this role will be responsible for maintaining corporate systems and infrastructure and for assisting corporate end users with any and all technical issues.
This role will enjoy great visibility and have tremendous ownership!
- Responsible for primary corporate help desk duties for end users, both onsite and remote
- Provide support via phone, email and instant messaging
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems for end users and corporate systems
- Assist with maintaining corporate servers in a mixed technology environment.
- Knowledge of technologies in use, including, Intel, Mac, and Cisco hardware and various operating systems including Windows, Linux, MacOS, Citrix XenServer and Cisco IOS
- Perform routine Active Directory administration tasks including adding/removing users from the domain, group policies, Office365
- Install and maintain end user PCs and laptops using Windows, MacOS, anti-virus, etc.
- Maintain corporate backups using Symantec Backup Exec
- Provide end user support for Android and Apple iOS devices
- Assist server staff with maintaining production systems and performing system upgrades
- 5 years IT experience, BA in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Good working knowledge of various versions of Microsoft Windows including both workstation and server versions
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and general networking principles
- Experience in following aspects are a plus, but not required - Symantec Backup Exec and corporate anti-virus packages, Sabre, GDS, Amadeus,
- Experience with industry standard backup procedures
- Aptitude to be the first point of contact for customers and interaction with server and network teams.
- Ability to independently research a problem using available resources, such as manuals, training materials and the Internet
- Familiarity with support ticketing process is a plus
- Experience working with a global team is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Versatile leadership qualities and the ability to manage change
- Ability to present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way
- Excellent time management skills,
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Effective communication to support end user community, able to question the user to get adequate information. Collaborative attitude and creative thinking, ability to think outside of the box to assist end user to create a forward-thinking solution. Uses open-ended questions and active listening to help define user requirements and stage potential solutions;
- Maintaining a positive, service-oriented attitude in general, seeks to educate end users, assist in resolving operational issues and promote the collaboration benefits of the Office365 platform;
- Project management skills and solid time management.
What we offer
Plenty of vacation time
Flexible work hours
Medical, dental and vision benefits
Flexible spending accounts
Keywords: Fareportal Inc., New York, helpdesk technician, Professions, New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!