Location: New York
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Job Family US-NY-New York
Aon is looking for a Consultant, Digital Forensics and Incident
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results
for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions
supporting Risk. As a Consultant, you will report directly to the
Head of Lab.
Your impact as a Consultant:
The Consultant position is an entry-level role working within and
in support of the Digital Forensics and Incident Response
department in a diverse consulting company. You will work at the
direction of a Vice President or Managing Director in the unit to
run client cases, which might require analysis of any technology
used today: mobile devices, laptops and workstations, servers,
networking switches, IoT devices, or cloud-based accounts and
* Preserve and analyze data from electronic data sources, including
laptop and desktop computers, servers, and mobile devices.
* Investigate network intrusions and other cyber security breaches
to determine the cause and extent of the breach.
* Excel in digital forensic and cybercrime response efforts. Liaise
with client representatives.
* Produce high quality oral and written work product, presenting
complex technical matters clearly and concisely.
* Form and articulate expert opinions based on analysis.
* Support or provide expert testimony in depositions, trials, and
* Consult with and take direction from supervisors, engagement
managers, and clients regarding case investigation and status.
* Contribute to a curriculum and assist in-house training sessions,
individualized if needed, for DFIR staff, to ensure appropriate
development of skills and continued innovation.
* Maintain proficiency with industry standard tools and
* Maintain a high level of professionalism in all areas of
* Develop and broaden forensic skill set through external training
* Support the mentorship and technical development of Consultants
in Digital Forensics.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Strong work ethic and motivation, with a demonstrated history of
ability to lead a team and develop talent. Even stronger analytic,
quantitative, and creative problem-solving abilities.
* Interest in building intellectual capital for the firm by writing
blogs, submitting to CFPs, and creating internal tools for
* Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities and
operate effectively in a dynamic, demand-based environment,
requiring flexibility and responsiveness to client matters and
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical
* Participation in technical meetings and working groups to address
issues related to malware security, vulnerabilities, and issues of
cybersecurity and preparedness.
* A high level of professionalism in all areas of performance.
* A constantly developed DFIR skill set and proficiency with
industry standard tools and practices, through outside training and
* Comfort with intermittent periods of significant travel, evening
and weekend hours.
* GCFE, GCIH, CCE, EnCE or equivalent digital forensics / incident
* Established experience with most common operating systems
(Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android) and their file systems
(ext3/4, HFS+, APFS, NTFS, exFAT, etc.).
* Proficiency with industry-standard DFIR toolsets, including
X-Ways, EnCase, Axiom/IEF, Cellebrite, FTK, Pstools and
* Proficiency with database querying and analysis.
* Experience with cloud infrastructures for the enterprise, such as
Amazon Web Services, G Suite, Office 365, and Azure.
* Experience with conducting log analysis of Windows Event Logs,
Apache, IIS, and firewall logs.
* Ability to conduct basic malware analysis.
* Experience with command line tools (grep, sed, awk, powershell),
python, and other programming languages.
* Familiarity with computer system hardware and software
installation and troubleshooting.
* Well-developed analytic, qualitative, and quantitative reasoning
skills and demonstrated creative problem solving abilities.
* Strong shell, C, C++ and/or Java programming skills and
proficiency in Assembler languages a plus.
* Proficiency with MS Office Applications, and familiarity with
Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Security,
Engineering, Digital Forensics or other relevant subjects.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner
status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an
affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Aon, New York , Consultant, DFIR, Professions , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!