Company: Mondelez International
Location: East Hanover
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over
160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of
snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits;
Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids
candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are
key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands.
That's who we are. Join us on our mission to continue leading the
future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack,
for the right moment, made the right way. Customer Service &
Logistics Customer Service & Logistics (CS&L) is where you'll
integrate our end-to-end demand-driven supply chain. Working "from
farm to shelf," you'll connect plants with customers to deliver
best-in-class service in the most efficient way. Your goal will be
to have the right products, at the right time, and with the right
quantity and quality on the shelf. Broad Function and Scope of the
- Support the development of an unbiased and unconstrained
forecast over a 24-month horizon for one or more
- Leverage the demand planning tools & systems to anchor the
forecast with a statistical baseline and utilize event modelling to
enrich the baseline with new information based on aligned planning
- Track and reconcile key planning assumptions (Trade, A&C,
Innovation, or other), ensuring that there is consistency between
the documented assumptions and the underlying causal data being
used in forecast event modelling (e.g. Trade Spend assumption is
consistent with Promotional Event detail).
- Support forecast scenarios for different spend levels
(different assumptions); provide historical category performance
perspective and ensure linkage back to annual planning
- Identify and assess risks & opportunities to revenue plan and
support analysis on gap closure options
- Support deep dive analyses on brand performance issues as per
Demand Review requirements
- Provide insights related to shipment /consumption / inventory
in the market and implications to the forecast.
- Monitor in-market innovation performance vs. targets (Revenue
and Consumption). Recommend corrective business action, and adjust
forecasts as needed.
- Provide commentary on actual performance vs. forecast,
explaining differences according to key planning assumptions (what
assumptions where right, what assumptions were wrong).
- Ensure that the demand plan is as accurate as possible at all
levels down to Item/Location, leveraging segmentation to focus
effort on the most important / impactful items.
- Accountable for delivering ongoing reduction in forecast error
and positive Forecast Value Add. Primary Responsibilities
Cross-functional collaboration on inputs and planning assumptions
- Track & reconcile key planning inputs to ensure consistency
between planning assumptions and the underlying statistical event
- Support IBP process steps in the monthly process to
continuously update and validate planning assumptions, such as
Pre-Demand Review and Demand Review. Forecast development &
- Leverage planning tools to translate planning inputs into a
sales forecast in both volume and value, anchored in statistical
- Review and drive improvement plans for forecast error and
forecast value add KPI's
- Provide a forecast of both shipments and consumption, with
implications to category growth and market share
- Ensure that the aggregate forecast and the operational SKU
level forecast are consistent & in agreement. Share insights and
commentary on forecast performance
- Provide insights and commentary on actual performance vs.
forecast at brand/segment levels, and for innovation launches.
- Provide insights and commentary on the relationship between
shipments and consumption and implications to trade inventory
- Identify risks and opportunities to the forecast Internal and
- Brand Manager: Regular collaboration on planning assumptions,
risks & opportunities, and development of scenarios.
- Sales Planning / Revenue Management: Reconciling top-line Trade
assumptions with bottom-up detail embedded in CPW to ensure that
the right events and trade promotions are being modeled.
- Insights & Analytics: Alignment on category assumptions,
identification of risks & opportunities, and gathering of inputs
such as competitive impact.
- Supply Planning: Communicating the latest forecast assumptions,
areas of uncertainty, risks, opportunities.Bachelor's Degree (4
Year) Planning Experience (Sales, Demand, Supply) (Min 3 years)
Project Management (Min 1 year) Proficiency with Excel, SAS, and
other analytical tools. Demonstrated ability to analyze large
amounts of data / multiple inputs and synthesize Demonstrated
ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and act with a
strong sense of urgency Demonstrated ability to interact with
executives Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job
application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application
process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered
for this position.
Keywords: Mondelez International, New York , Demand Analyst, Professions , East Hanover, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!